Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: php 5.4 fatal error, query factory

I also started experiencing same problem after I migrated to Godaddy "Ultimate" shared hosting from another Godaddy hosting. I copied fixed version of "session.php" from github. But problem persist. FYI: My zen cart version is 1.51
    Here is error message from Godaddy when I try to login. It stuck on below blank page.
    /index.php?main_page=login&action=process

"Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    "
    Here is Zen cart log.

[26-Nov-2013 01:24:40 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 693694233 bytes) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 62
    "
    Is there any other fix?

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Last edited by gsmsalers; 26 Nov 2013 at 02:42 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Since the code that was causing this problem in sessions.php was removed, you'll need to find where html_output.php is getting called.

You can either install the Xdebug module which will automatically log a stack trace on errors or you could try and put debug_backtrace() in the register_shutdown_function() that's in the new session.php. Post what you find.

Plugin Contributions

I got the same "PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1605959449 bytes) in /home2/zzzzz/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 77" error. I changed session.php as Dr. Byte pointed out. The error still exists.

This just happened when my host removed php 5.3 and forced us to use either php 5.4 or 5.2 two days ago. When I choose php 5.4, the customer login became blank after all the user name password stuff. In the log folder, I can find the above error log. However, if I switch to 5.2, the problem went away. It seems that this problem is php version related. I talked with my host and was told that they are going to pull away php 5.2 very soon. Therefore, we have to find a solution to this error before they do that. Please post your solution if you have solved this problem. Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kagaroo View Post
    I got the same "PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1605959449 bytes) in /home2/zzzzz/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 77" error. I changed session.php as Dr. Byte pointed out. The error still exists.

This just happened when my host removed php 5.3 and forced us to use either php 5.4 or 5.2 two days ago. When I choose php 5.4, the customer login became blank after all the user name password stuff. In the log folder, I can find the above error log. However, if I switch to 5.2, the problem went away. It seems that this problem is php version related. I talked with my host and was told that they are going to pull away php 5.2 very soon. Therefore, we have to find a solution to this error before they do that. Please post your solution if you have solved this problem. Thank you!
    PHP 5.2 and 5.3 have reached end of life.

You may have some custom coding in your install which does not cope well with PHP > 5.2

Try and install a demo vanilla ZC 1.5.1 version on your server somewhere in a subdirectory, switch to PHP 5.4 and see what happens. I bet you won't have a problem with the demo install. But if you do, then that could be due to server configs.

Plugin Contributions

Just fresh install zc 1.51 version on my server and test as frank18 suggested. Yes, no problem, I can log in without any problem.

For my site, it was originally for the zc 1.38 and recently upgraded to zc 1.51. It was running smoothly on php 5.2 or 5.3. but not on php5.4.

When switch to php5.4, there two files seems to have problem when customers try to log in.
    includes/functions/html_output.php on line 77
    includes/classes/seo.url.php on line 215

Both line has the same code nearby.
    Code:
        if ( ($add_session_id == true) && ($session_started == true) && (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'False') ) {
          if (defined('SID') && zen_not_null(SID)) {
            $sid = SID;
    I have ultimate seo url module installed. But I still get the same error when I disable seo module.

Plugin Contributions

Just fresh install zc 1.51 version on my server and test as frank18 suggested. Yes, no problem, I can log in without any problem.
    ... as predicted

For my site, it was originally for the zc 1.38 and recently upgraded to zc 1.51. It was running smoothly on php 5.2 or 5.3. but not on php5.4.

When switch to php5.4, there two files seems to have problem when customers try to log in.
    includes/functions/html_output.php on line 77
    includes/classes/seo.url.php on line 215

Both line has the same code nearby.
    Code:
        if ( ($add_session_id == true) && ($session_started == true) && (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'False') ) {
          if (defined('SID') && zen_not_null(SID)) {
            $sid = SID;
    I have ultimate seo url module installed. But I still get the same error when I disable seo module.
    I would now install ultimate seo on the new demo site and then test again if it works on PHP 5.4

If it does, then compare your live site to your demo site - you may be able to find the piece of code which causes you trouble with PHP 5.4

Plugin Contributions

Read the previous messages, the sympton of my site is exactly like WayneStephens in the first page. If customers have some merchandise in the shopping cart, then there is no problem to login and the page will be directed to shopping cart page again. However, if customers try to login from the homepage without any merchandise in the shopping cart, then error will ocurr with a blank page and refreshing this blank page will direct the customer to the account page and not the page where they come from. It seems that the following statement in login page header_php.php is not processed correctly in php 5.4, at least in my site.
    Code:
    $origin_href = zen_href_link($_SESSION['navigation']->snapshot['page'], zen_array_to_string($_SESSION['navigation']->snapshot['get'], array(zen_session_name())), $_SESSION['navigation']->snapshot['mode']);
    There is nothing to do with seo, at least from what I observed. Since disable seo, the same problem occurs

Plugin Contributions

... If customers have some merchandise in the shopping cart, then there is no problem to login and the page will be directed to shopping cart page again. However, if customers try to login from the homepage without any merchandise in the shopping cart, then error will ocurr with a blank page and refreshing this blank page will direct the customer to the account page and not the page where they come from. ...
    I've been running Zen Cart 1.5.1 w/ USU for a few months on a hosted site running Apache2 / PHP 5.4.22 / MySQL 5.5.30. I also have test environments on Apache2 / PHP 5.4.4 / MySQL 5.5.31 and Apache2 / PHP 5.4.12 / MySQL 5.5.28 running Zen Cart 1.5.1 w/ USU... I have not yet applied the "sessions patch" to any of them...

Have not received any memory size exhausted messages yet... Tried the steps posted by lat9... Tried also making sure I was logged out, going to a product page (adds the snapshot), and finally a login (triggers that line of code). I am unable to duplicate the error on any of the above mentioned sites... :-(

Can you post the Web Server / PHP / MySQL versions on your hosting provider? Your settings for "configuration" -> "sessions" (I have all still at out of box settings - except the live site which has force cookies enabled)? The settings for PHP "sessions" (found in the Zen Cart Administrative interface under "version" for PHP)? Hosting Provider? Any caching being done by the hosting provider?

Hoping we might see a pattern for those still experiencing this issue...
    Last edited by lhungil; 4 Dec 2013 at 11:33 PM.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Hi, Ihungil, thank you for your time. I was just frustrated after switched to php 5.4. Here is the info you asked:

MySQL 5.5.34
    PHP Version: 5.4.20
    HTTP Server: Apache
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.32
    Provider:Bluehost

session setting in php version (just master value)

session.auto_start Off
    session.cache_expire 180
    session.cache_limiter nocache
    session.cookie_domain no value
    session.cookie_httponly Off
    session.cookie_lifetime 0
    session.cookie_path /
    session.cookie_secure Off
    session.entropy_file /dev/urandom
    session.entropy_length 0
    session.gc_divisor 1000
    session.gc_maxlifetime 1440
    session.gc_probability 1
    session.hash_bits_per_character 5
    session.hash_function 1
    session.name PHPSESSID
    session.referer_check no value
    session.save_handler files
    session.save_path /tmp
    session.serialize_handler php
    session.upload_progress.cleanup On
    session.upload_progress.enabled On
    session.upload_progress.freq 1%
    session.upload_progress.min_freq 1
    session.upload_progress.name PHP_SESSION_UPLOAD_PROGRESS
    session.upload_progress.prefix upload_progress_
    session.use_cookies On
    session.use_only_cookies On
    session.use_trans_sid 0

session setting in admin:

Session Directory /home2/zzzzz/public_html/cache
    Cookie Domain True
    Force Cookie Use False
    Check SSL Session ID False
    Check User Agent False
    Check IP Address False
    Prevent Spider Sessions True
    Recreate Session True
    IP to Host Conversion Status true
    Use root path for cookie path False
    Add period prefix to cookie domain True

Plugin Contributions

Here's the configuration for the installation that was failing:

PHP: 5.4.21
    MySQL: 5.1.72
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.28.8-20120713a-iscsi-ntacker-3ware-sec8-fmon-igb-dif2-grsec
    HTTP Server: Apache
    Provider: 1and1

Code:
    session
    Session Support 	enabled
    Registered save handlers 	files user sqlite
    Registered serializer handlers 	php php_binary wddx

Directive	Local Value	Master Value
    session.auto_start	Off	Off
    session.cache_expire	180	180
    session.cache_limiter	nocache	nocache
    session.cookie_domain	.mystore.com	no value
    session.cookie_httponly	On	Off
    session.cookie_lifetime	0	0
    session.cookie_path	/myadmin	/
    session.cookie_secure	Off	Off
    session.entropy_file	/dev/urandom	/dev/urandom
    session.entropy_length	32	32
    session.gc_divisor	2	100
    session.gc_maxlifetime	900	1440
    session.gc_probability	1	1
    session.hash_bits_per_character	4	4
    session.hash_function	0	0
    session.name	zenAdminID	PHPSESSID
    session.referer_check	no value	no value
    session.save_handler	user	files
    session.save_path	/mystore/cache	/tmp
    session.serialize_handler	php	php
    session.upload_progress.cleanup	On	On
    session.upload_progress.enabled	On	On
    session.upload_progress.freq	1%	1%
    session.upload_progress.min_freq	1	1
    session.upload_progress.name	PHP_SESSION_UPLOAD_PROGRESS	PHP_SESSION_UPLOAD_PROGRESS
    session.upload_progress.prefix	upload_progress_	upload_progress_
    session.use_cookies	On	On
    session.use_only_cookies	On	On
    session.use_trans_sid	0	0
    Code:
    Session Directory 	/mystore/cache 	 
    Cookie Domain 	True
    Force Cookie Use 	False
    Check SSL Session ID 	False
    Check User Agent 	False
    Check IP Address 	False
    Prevent Spider Sessions 	True