Plugin Contributions

Default multiple country shipping with multiple rates

Hi there
    If this has already been answered then please forgive me asking it again and redirect me to the appropriate fix.
    I have a zen site selling different priced gifts to almost anywhere in the world. Due to the recent extortionate increase in postage rates by RoyalMail I will have to introduce individual postage rates for each item that applies to different RM zones - ie £3 for UK, £3.75 for Europe, £4.75 for Usa and Canada and £5.75 for australasia instead of the standard onetime shipping charge. I am sure that this has already been implemented by sellers but cannot seem to get my head round how to do it.
    Does it exist within the standard ZenCart or will I have to instal a third party piece of software?
    Any advice or help greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: multiple country shipping with multiple rates

If I understand the question, this?:

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...hipping-module

Or do you need different shipping costs for each product for each zone ?

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    I have different priced items with different weights so each item needs a different price for shipping for each zone. For example item A has a postage charge for UK will be £3 but for europe it will be £4, USA = £5 and Australia £6. Item B will be £5.50, £7, £9 and £11. So a standard shipping fee cannot apply.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodgift View Post
    Hi
    I have different priced items with different weights so each item needs a different price for shipping for each zone. For example item A has a postage charge for UK will be £3 but for europe it will be £4, USA = £5 and Australia £6. Item B will be £5.50, £7, £9 and £11. So a standard shipping fee cannot apply.
    Thanks
    The FIRST things to do is to obtain a comprehensive RATE CARD from your shipper. (Unless you intend PERSONALLY getting into your car to deliver items, you will be using a shipper / courier / postal service.

SO... configuring your shipping fees will be governed by the way your shipper does the job.

When you have this rate card, you will then be able to make a more informed decision about what shipping modules to use. Technically, there is NO LIMIT to the number of modules you can install, configure and use, but the PROCEDURE of configuration needs to follow some chronological (in a specific order) sequence.

When you know WHERE and HOW your shipper ships to, you can start setting up ZONES and ZONE DEFINITIONS. This is the first and most crucial step. It is VERY WELL EXPLAINED in the Zencart User Manual - so go buy a copy and get reading. I am not going to re-invent the wheel by describing it here.

Then, once your ZONES are set up to MATCH those of your shipper, you can start to look at appropriate modules.

If you are using ROYAL MAIL, then there are several BOLT-ON modules that will accommodate RM's complex structures. I use a lot of these on many UK sites.

If you are using an independent shipper, then the ZONE-TABLES module (available in plugins) is excellent for the purpose of multiple zones, each with a range of tables. I also use this one a lot.

BUT... get that rate card from your shipper. Only then can you plan your shipping configs properly.

OH... and don't forget the USER MANUAL
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Thanks for your comments. As most of my items are within the range of 100grams to 350 grams I use RoyalMail. Have you some names for bolt on modules for RM as this will help my search.?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodgift View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for your comments. As most of my items are within the range of 100grams to 350 grams I use RoyalMail. Have you some names for bolt on modules for RM as this will help my search.?
    I use this one, by CHUCKL (http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1321)
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

thanks - I will try this.