Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with new USPS Shipping Module on domestic first class?

PHP 5.3.19
    MySql 5.1.68
    haredoDOTcom

No shipping mods installed other than the newest USPS module loaded with 1st-Class Lg. Env and 1st-Class Parcel selected with no changes other than their having a check mark. Priority Env and Standard Post are also selected but not a reason for concern.

The previous version was removed prior to uploading the newest version.

Set to production.

When any three (or any number) Hare Do bows are added to the shopping cart, the correct total weight (ounces) is displayed correctly and the postage of is correct. ($0.20 is added for handling) With up to 8 bows total, the final weight is still at the 13 ounce point.

However, the shipping estimator shows 1st Class Parcel twice without listing the 1st Class Lrg Env. All Priority and Standard Post options appear correctly.

When 1st Class Lrg Env is unchecked, only the 1st Class Parcel appears with only one listing.

When 1st Class Lrg Env is checked and 1st Class Parcel is unchecked, neither of the 1st Class options appears in the estimator or cart.

When both are checked AND the weight is over 13 ounces, only the priority and standard post options show which is the correct response.

Changing things like Retail/Online make no difference in the listing.

All this can be seen without logging into haredoDOTcom but just use the shipping estimator.

We stand ready to pass along other settings as requested. Or... Get our hand slapped for something we might have missed.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with new USPS Shipping Module on domestic first class?

Pretend we do not know jack about your site ...

Could you give us a products_id or something to test this so that we can recreat the scenario?

USPS has this lovely little quirk of sending back the results with duplicate methods on the First Class group ... and I am working on a solution to this issue as if we ask for:
    First-Class MailRM Letter
    First-Class MailRM Large Envelope
    First-Class MailRM Parcel

and it sends back three results for:
    First-Class MailRM Parcel

rather than the 3 First-Class methods that we asked for ...

Lucky us, eh?

So, it would help to see this in action on your site for resolving this issue ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh,
    site is haredo dot com
    left side click (ID #1) Hare Do Fabrics, then (ID #4) Solid Broadcloth, then (Products ID #3) black

Below I have selected for my shipping methods:
    Notice in the above heading: Total Items: 1 Weight: 0.1lbs Amount: $8.00

1st-Class Lg. Env

1st-Class Parcel

Standard Post

Priority F/R Env

So I add this Black hair bow to my shopping cart and when I click on estimating shipping I get the following results.
    Why do i not see the wording 1st-Class Lg. Env instead I get a Double Parcel

United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (0 lbs, 2 oz) (First-Class Mail® Parcel (2 - 5 days)) $2.27
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (0 lbs, 2 oz) (First-Class Mail® Parcel (2 - 5 days)) $2.27
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (0 lbs, 2 oz) (Priority Mail® Flat Rate Envelope (2 days)) $5.80
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (0 lbs, 2 oz) (Standard Post® (6 days)) $6.35

I will leave the setting above so you to test, but I notice this when I change below ....

Then when I change these settings for my shipping methods:
    Notice in the above heading: Total Items: 1 Weight: 0.1lbs Amount: $8.00

1st-Class Lg. Env

Standard Post

Priority F/R Env

So I add this Black hair bow to my shopping cart and when I click on estimating shipping I get the following results.
    Why do i not see the wording 1st-Class Lg. Env
    And the weight is well under 13 ounces.

United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (0 lbs, 2 oz) (Priority Mail® Flat Rate Envelope (2 days)) $5.80
    United States Postal Service (1 Boxes) (0 lbs, 2 oz) (Standard Post® (6 days)) $6.35
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Could you perhaps dumb down the get to the Product with something like:
    scottish-wallace-tartan-red-black-yellow-ribbon-162538mm-p-6660.html?cPath=1

I am not quite following on the click for click ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the confusion.

Every item except the brochure is the same as haredoDOTcom only sells the Hare Do bows.

So click on any of the featured products and add one of any item.

OR... As Mark said Click on Hare Do Fabrics (http://haredo.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1), then Solid Broadcloth (http://haredo.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_4), then Black [Cotton Broadcloth] (http://haredo.com/index.php?main_pag...&products_id=3). Then, click on add to cart.

That will put 1/10 (0.1) pound in the total weight which is well inside the Lrg Env and Lrg Parcel area.

Plugin Contributions

USPS has a nifty issue of sending back multiple duplicate quotes when multiple individual requests for the 3 First Class methods are requested ...

To over come this issue, there is now a First Class Filter for the US shipping quotes that can be enabled to help manage this ... in addition, there is an extra filter on First Class Letter as that has a lower weight limit than the other two First Class quotes ...

A few other clean ups are also added to this version of USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - January 27, 2013 Updates to: April 22, 2013 Version D ...

The goal is, to have you kind guinea pigs test this out prior to releasing it in the add ons, thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Aye, aye, Ma'am.

Will do so ASAP.

Plugin Contributions

No joy

Whether the filter is turned on or off, we never receive the option for flats when the weight is between 3.6 and 13 ounces. The flats (large envelopes) are $0.60 cheaper than the parcel.

When filtering is off and Parcel is NOT selected, nothing shows up for First Class in the estimator.
    Last edited by dbltoe; 22 Apr 2013 at 05:54 AM.

Plugin Contributions

USPS is not sending back the First Class Large envelop until you get to 6oz ...

If you turn on the debug log, and have all 3 First Class methods selected, you will see the results of how USPS is treating the First Class requests ... you can see both what is sent to USPS for quotes vs what they return their quotes as ...

Try testing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6oz to see the results ...

I am still looking into some sort of change for this to see if there is a way to get USPS to cooperate a bit better ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh,

I have searched and can't find a solution. I just installed USPS module and it is calculating fine except when I check the option Extra Services (Domestic), nothing happens, no insurance is added to my First Class mail package that is .0875 lbs. The price calculates correctly but no insurance added. Any ideas? Do I need to install the Addon Optional Shipping Insurance to get this to work? Or did I miss a setting in my setup?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast