Plugin Contributions

help question How do I integrate Central Payment's online credit card processing system w/Zen Cart?

Viewing the forum, it looks like we can use a different credit card processing service than those recommended by Zen Cart. I use Central Payment as my in-store credit card processing service. They say I can integrate their system into an ecommerce (shopping cart) website. I have loaded Zen Cart and all is working well, but I have not yet installed accepting credit card payments. I see there are a few options that are already installed with Zen Cart that I can activate easily, but I want to use Central Payment. Can I do so? How do I go about setting it up? Will Central Payment provide that step-by-step info, or can someone in the forums point me in the right direction to starting to integrate Central Payment with Zen Cart? Thanks! :-)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I integrate Central Payment's online credit card processing system w/Zen C

What is CentralPayments? Your merchant account provider? Incase this is what you are asking: You need a Merchant account and a payment gateway, the payment gateway is what you setup under admin > modules >payment. If "CentralPayments" is a payment gateway, which i doubt, you would have to get the module from them or an API and code it yourself/pay someone. I would suggest using authorize.net as your payment gateway.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I integrate Central Payment's online credit card processing system w/Zen C

Thanks for the reply! Yes, Central Payments is my merchant account provider. cpay.com I have a merchant account with them and they offer the "Pay Hub gateway." I cannot code it myself or afford to pay someone to do so, so I was wondering how I go about installing any API or module that you mention. ???

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Yes, Central Payments is my merchant account provider. cpay.com I have a merchant account with them and they offer the "Pay Hub gateway." I cannot code it myself or afford to pay someone to do so, so I was wondering how I go about installing any API or module that you mention. ???
    I can't see a module for this in the PLUGINS area, so it looks like none exists.

This means you will have to get one coded for you.

MOST good payment gateways will have modules already written for the popular eComm systems, and you just need to ask them to email the files to you.

If the gateway you are using is more of a "bucket-shop" which hardly anyone uses, then you may find that they are not geared up to produce good payment modules for popular shopping carts.

I would not let this stop you from trading. My reaction would be:

1. Dump them and find a provider that supports ZC , OR
    2. Use PayPal in the meantime until they (or you) can get a mod written.

Like a good host, a good payment gateway is mission-critical to your business. If you think that you are "saving money" by using "cheap services" then they usually end up being very expensive - sometimes costing you your entire business.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Also CookieMoster, I would avoid using payment gateways that merchant processors try selling to you, and like school boy said, most decent payment gateways will have modules created for all the common shopping carts. Assuming you aren't under contract for the gateway, I would call them and tell them that you want to use authorize.net. It's much easier to set up especially since the module comes already available in the default ZenCart installation.