Plugin Contributions

Default I applied a custome template, how do I add text to the homepage of my store?

hi guys. I have a spent hours trying to figure out what file to edit withing zencart, and my servers files. I want to add text to a portion of my homepage, at the bottom portion of the page. I bought a template from template monster, so im not sure if that effects what file to edit or not. but in general, since zencart is compiled of css, php and html and all files that all interact with each other, so Im having great difficulty, figuring out what file I can edit and where in that file I should add text to get it to show on my homepage. My homepage has a flash slideshow of images only and image button links. I want to add some text to the homepage at the footer or bottom of the page.

Thank you for any help guys.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I applied a custome template, how do I add text to the homepage of my store?

The fact that you bought a TM template will almost certainly make a difference, so it would help if you could provide a link to your site. Use the format yoursiteDOTcom if you don't want your post picked up by search engines.

In a stock Zencart site, the file you would want is includes/templates/classic/common/tpl_footer.php.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I applied a custome template, how do I add text to the homepage of my store?

THANKS, THAT SAME FILE IS IN MY TEMPLATES. whoa caps. anyways thank you I got it now.

Plugin Contributions

Hi. If you put the text into the tpl_footer template does it then go on every page or just the main page. I am in the same situation but only want the text on the main page.