Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Getting an Error On checkout page-"Please select shipping country for shipping."

Hello,

I am getting an error on the Checkout page saying " Please select shipping country for shipping." even though I have selected United States as the country in my shipping address. What could be the reason for this to happen. This is happening from the last 2-3 days and I am at loss. Also on the admin side, in the shipping modules, I get an error message : "ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file: /home/content/n/u/d/nudoshi/html/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/tps.php" . Please let me know what should be done to fix this. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting an Error On checkout page-"Please select shipping country for shipping."

Check using FTP for this file and insure that it is not a zero byte file

/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/tps.php

If not there or a zero byte file - then re upload it from where you got it as it is not a builtin module
    Last edited by kobra; 23 Apr 2013 at 08:22 AM.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting an Error On checkout page-"Please select shipping country for shipping."

Quote Originally Posted by atp29awr View Post
    This is happening from the last 2-3 days and I am at loss.
    Important Question: Who made what changes 2 or 3 days ago?

These things don't just 'happen' without some kind of human intervention. If you didn't change anything you should try to find out who did. Although unlikely in this instance, missing or changed files is often a clue that you've had a visit from a hacker.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a lot for your reply. I checked with the FTP for the "tps.php" file in /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/tps.php. It wasnt there before. I have now uploaded the file from includes/modules/shipping. The error message in the shipping module now doesnt show. However the issue on the checkout page still remains the same. It is still showing the message "Please select shipping country for shipping" . What needs to be done to fix this? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I have now uploaded the file from includes/modules/shipping
    To where did you upload it to???

That would be a different file from the language file you reported in your first post as

/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/tps.php
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I uploaded the tps.php file in /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping . I picked up the file from includes/modules/shipping and added a copy of it to /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping. Was that right thing to do?

Plugin Contributions

I picked up the file from includes/modules/shipping and added a copy of it to /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping. Was that right thing to do?
    No that was not

What/where did you get this module?? As it is not included with a default install
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

This file was present on the server before I started to look into this. I checked with the Zen Cart installation files. As you say, this file wasnt there. I just dont know what to do with this file, since it contains 'package shippingMethod' scripting. And how about the "Please select shipping country for shipping" error on the checkout page. What to do with that? Has it to do something with this file.? I am a novice. Please help. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

You will need to determine what addon this is and get a fresh download of it
    Expand it on your PC and replace the missing files from the correct folders first
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I have now removed the file from the includes/modules/shipping as well. The error is not showing now. My main concern is with the Checkout page. Since customers are not able to buy anything off my shopping cart even if they select the 'Country' field in the shipping and billing address forms. It shows the same "Please select shipping country for shipping" repeatedly. What should be done in this case?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast