Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Category Specific Access Restriction (CSAR) - [Support Thread]

Don't know where all the </div> tags in your file are coming from. The last lines of this file contained in the plugin package look like this:

Code:
    <!--bof also purchased products module--> 
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_also_purchased_products.php', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/' . 'tpl_modules_also_purchased_products.php');?> 
    <!--eof also purchased products module--> 

<!--bof Form close--> 
    </form> 
    <!--bof Form close--> 
    <?php 
        } // eof CATEGORY_RESTRICTION - OPEN ACCESS 
    ?> 
    </div>

Looks like you have a merging error and missed the code in red. To be on safe side place that code in red before the last </div>
    Last edited by frank18; 7 Jun 2013 at 02:27 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Frank - we have a fairly new installation of ZC and are using CSAR as we have mostly restricted products but have some products available to the public. I have installed CSAR and merged it all manually. It seems to be working with the exception that I can (when testing) go to the product that is available to the public without logging in (this is the desired effect) and add it to the cart. When I go to checkout, it is still requiring me to log in before checking out. Also, when I go to Customers --> Customers, there is nothing showing "Privileges" on the main page nor when I go into the customer profile. I am sure it is just that I messed up somewhere and missed a file or something, but after carefully double checking that I moved all files to the correct places, I still don't find anything I missed.
    I am using ZC 1.5.1 and CSAR v2
    Any suggestions you can give would be great.
    Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Don't know where all the </div> tags in your file are coming from. The last lines of this file contained in the plugin package look like this:

Code:
    <!--bof also purchased products module--> 
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_also_purchased_products.php', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/' . 'tpl_modules_also_purchased_products.php');?> 
    <!--eof also purchased products module--> 

<!--bof Form close--> 
    </form> 
    <!--bof Form close--> 
    <?php 
        } // eof CATEGORY_RESTRICTION - OPEN ACCESS 
    ?> 
    </div>

Looks like you have a merging error and missed the code in red. To be on safe side place that code in red before the last </div>
    Hi Frank,

I inserted the code where you said, but this totally disabled all product info display pages. I have also removed the additional DIV tags.
    Do you have any other suggestions?

Kind regards
    simon

Plugin Contributions

I just don't understand why the page
    http://www.neilson-hydraulics.co.uk/...ndex&cPath=160

looks like this, but before it said login for prices and then re-directed the user to the login page, when logged in they have access to the price of the product.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clausont View Post
    ...When I go to checkout, it is still requiring me to log in before checking out.
    This is standard ZC behaviour

Also, when I go to Customers --> Customers, there is nothing showing "Privileges" on the main page nor when I go into the customer profile. I am sure it is just that I messed up somewhere and missed a file or something, but after carefully double checking that I moved all files to the correct places, I still don't find anything I missed.
    Check again your_admin_name/includes/customers.php

There are numerous additions throughout this file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by storm007 View Post
    Hi Frank,

I inserted the code where you said, but this totally disabled all product info display pages. I have also removed the additional DIV tags.
    Do you have any other suggestions?

Kind regards
    simon
    I noted that your site displays SE friendly URI's. So there would have been at least one other modification of this file prior to installation of CSAR....

Suggest you restore the tpl_product_info_display.php from your backup and then do a fresh merge of this file.

It is not uncommon that merging errors occur when other mods have been previously installed. This is true for most modifications of Zen Cart.

Incidentally the CSAR demo site is using the same pure blue free template, same as your store.

Plugin Contributions

Simon

Suggest you click on one of the test products. Don't click on anything else. Take note of the approximate time when you clicked on the test product. Now download the content of your logs folder and post the debug file that has the corresponding approximate time (should be last file in the store/logs folder).

I also noted that the listing of New Products shows the prices of your test products. Same in the All Products listing. That is a clear sign that you did not upload and/or merge all files contained in the package.

Frank

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Frank - that worked. Apparently I didn't understand what this plugin does. I was looking for a way to have some products - 1 category - available without having to log in or something like that anyway. Is there a way to emulate that with this plugin?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clausont View Post
    Thanks Frank - that worked. Apparently I didn't understand what this plugin does. I was looking for a way to have some products - 1 category - available without having to log in or something like that anyway. Is there a way to emulate that with this plugin?
    Thanks
    CSAR is designed to have most products open to the public (no login required until they want to check out) *but* restrict some categories/products.

As I see it, you are looking for the reverse way to CSAR: you want *all* products under lock and key (customer must be logged in to browse and purchase) BUT for one category.

To achieve that you first need to set Customer Shop Status - View Shop and Prices = 1 and then do some coding to excempt just the one category.

So the approach is entirely different to CSAR.

Alternatively, and depending on how many categories you have, you could use CSAR, leave Customer Shop Status - View Shop and Prices = 0 and then restrict all categories execept the one you want to keep open. Tedious but it would work.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Simon

Suggest you click on one of the test products. Don't click on anything else. Take note of the approximate time when you clicked on the test product. Now download the content of your logs folder and post the debug file that has the corresponding approximate time (should be last file in the store/logs folder).

I also noted that the listing of New Products shows the prices of your test products. Same in the All Products listing. That is a clear sign that you did not upload and/or merge all files contained in the package.

Frank
    Hi Frank,

Here is the log.

www.neilson-hydraulics.co.uk 80.229.41.38 - 2013-06-10 14:16:11 GET /store/ - 200 5728 http://www.neilson-hydraulics.co.uk/...order=1&page=6 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+6.1;+rv:21.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/21.0
    www.neilson-hydraulics.co.uk 80.229.41.38 - 2013-06-10 14:16:23 GET /store/index.php main_page=index&cPath=160 200 5066 http://www.neilson-hydraulics.co.uk/store/ Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+6.1;+rv:21.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/21.0

Also, i have noticed the prices are being displayed on All and New Products. The only files i had to modify were Product_listing.php and tpl_product_info_display.php. Are their more files to modify?

Kind regards
    Simon

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast