Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Category Specific Access Restriction (CSAR) - [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by storm007 View Post
    Hi Frank,

Here is the log.

www.neilson-hydraulics.co.uk 80.229.41.38 - 2013-06-10 14:16:11 GET /store/ - 200 5728 http://www.neilson-hydraulics.co.uk/...order=1&page=6 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+6.1;+rv:21.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/21.0
    www.neilson-hydraulics.co.uk 80.229.41.38 - 2013-06-10 14:16:23 GET /store/index.php main_page=index&cPath=160 200 5066 http://www.neilson-hydraulics.co.uk/store/ Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+6.1;+rv:21.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/21.0

Also, i have noticed the prices are being displayed on All and New Products. The only files i had to modify were Product_listing.php and tpl_product_info_display.php. Are their more files to modify?

Kind regards
    Simon
    I am afraid the links you posted are not the debug log files!

It is also clear that you either did not read the instructions contained in the package or you plainly installed the old version.

Let's back up to square one:

Go to http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1234 and download the latest version of CSAR.

Unzip the package and READ the readme.html file from start to finish.

Restore your backup and do a fresh merge using the files contained in the package you have just downloaded.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    I am afraid the links you posted are not the debug log files!

It is also clear that you either did not read the instructions contained in the package or you plainly installed the old version.

Let's back up to square one:

Go to http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1234 and download the latest version of CSAR.

Unzip the package and READ the readme.html file from start to finish.

Restore your backup and do a fresh merge using the files contained in the package you have just downloaded.
    As you can see, i'm not exactly a whizz at this. Would you recommend uninstalling CSAR, or will it be ok to re-upload the CSAR files?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by storm007 View Post
    As you can see, i'm not exactly a whizz at this. Would you recommend uninstalling CSAR ...
    yes, I would

..., or will it be ok to re-upload the CSAR files?
    not without indepth knowledge how to merge mods with the existing file system.

Check PM

Plugin Contributions

Well, I think that may solve the problem, but brings up two others. I had the catalog displaying three columns per row and after merging everything, it is a single row. I'm pretty sure that is because I had another module installed that allowed column display but forgot about it.
    The part that I have to ask about is in the instructions:
    Please note that you still need to assign special privileges to certain customers you want to allow access to products of categeories / manufacturers you configured in points 2. and 3. in this segment.

To grant access to these customers go to Admin > Customers > Customers and individually open the details of your chosen/approved customers.

In your list of customers you will see a new column on the right hand side headed Privileges. By default the icon is a red cross. You can sort this column to find which customers are 'privileged' or not.

Near the top of each customer's personal details you find a dropdown called Customers Special Privileges Status. The default is 'None'. Set this to 'Has Special Privileges'.

Update the customer file - done

The icon in the customer listing is now changed from a red cross to green indicating that the customer has special privileges.
    As I understand it, I would have to go and update all 1,600 customers individually to access the logged in products?
    Can you tell me what file to edit to default it to "'Has Special Privileges" rather than "none" or am I mis-understanding this?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clausont View Post
    Well, I think that may solve the problem, but brings up two others. I had the catalog displaying three columns per row and after merging everything, it is a single row. I'm pretty sure that is because I had another module installed that allowed column display but forgot about it.
    Naturally the merging must take individually installed mods into consideration.

The part that I have to ask about is in the instructions:

As I understand it, I would have to go and update all 1,600 customers individually to access the logged in products?
    Can you tell me what file to edit to default it to "'Has Special Privileges" rather than "none" or am I mis-understanding this?
    Thanks
    If you wanted all customers to have special privileges then you really don't need this mod. In Admin > Customers > Customer Approval Status you could set this to 1= Must be Authorized to Browse.

But your equirements may different to here is an SQL statement to run in phpMyAdmin:

Backup your DB !!!

In phpMyAdmin select your DB and click the SQL tab at the top.

Run this statement

Code:
    UPDATE 'customers' SET 'customers_privileges'= 1
    WARNING: This will set privileges of ALL customers to 1, meaning ALL customers will now show 'Has Special Privileges'. New customers will initially still be set to 'none' until you make individual changes to their data.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Frank - I appreciate the help here. To be sure I understand correctly before I run the sql statement:
    My objective here is as follows. Currently the catalog has only two categories - private and retail. The vast majority of products are private with only a few retail products available to the public and should be available without logging in. All private products must be logged in to purchase or see prices.
    Any non-logged in or logged in customer should be able to view retail products and buy retail products, but should not see the prices of the private products if they are not logged in (seeing the products is fine, just not the prices and not be able to add to cart). Any logged in customer should be able to see and purchase any product regardless of which category.
    Am I on the right track with the customer privileges? It sounds like it, but just want to confirm first.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clausont View Post
    ............Am I on the right track with the customer privileges? It sounds like it, but just want to confirm first.
    Yes, you are on the right track!

Plugin Contributions

I have just completed an installation of CSAR for a client and I am pleased to report that the mod CEON URI Mapping has no bearing on the functionality of CSAR 2.0

In other words, if you are hesitating to install CSAR 2.0 because you fear it may not work with CEON URI Mapping, then just go ahead and install CSAR as the two mods happily live side by side, neither of them interfering with the other.

Frank

Plugin Contributions

Update to v2.0

To avoid having to enter the master categories ID and the corresponding full cPath (eg 4_12_100) in admin, open your file

includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

and find

PHP Code:
    /** 
    * CATEGORY_RESTRICTION - we are hiding prices for specific categories only 
     */ 

if (!$_SESSION['customer_id'] && in_array($cPath,explode(','CATEGORY_RESTRICTION_HIDEPRICE_CATEGORY)) ) { 

$hideprice 'true';  
         } else { 

$hideprice 'false'
      } 
    ?> 
    replace with

PHP Code:
    /** 
    * CATEGORY_RESTRICTION - we are hiding prices for specific master categories only 
     */ 

if (!$_SESSION['customer_id'] && in_array($result->fields['master_categories_id'],explode(','CATEGORY_RESTRICTION_HIDEPRICE_CATEGORY)) ) { 

$hideprice 'true';  
         } else { 

$hideprice 'false'
      } 
    ?> 
    This will be reflected in the next update of this mod.

Frank

Plugin Contributions

Update to v2.0

In product listings (all, new, featured etc) the 'Login for price' text does not link to the login page.

To fix this and make 'Login for price' in the listings 'clickable' (= directing to the login page) open your modified file

includes/functions/functions_prices.php

and find the chunk of code (around line 152):

// bof: CATEGORY_RESTRICTION - Login for Price

.... code ...

// eof: CATEGORY_RESTRICTION - Login for Price

now replace the lot with this piece of code:

PHP Code:
    // bof: CATEGORY_RESTRICTION - Login for Price

$chk_category_sql "SELECT master_categories_id FROM " TABLE_PRODUCTS " WHERE products_id = '" . (int)$products_id "'";

$chk_category $db->Execute($chk_category_sql);
        if (
    $_SESSION['customer_id'] ==&& in_array($chk_category->fields['master_categories_id'],explode(','CATEGORY_RESTRICTION_HIDEPRICE_CATEGORY)) ) {

$login_for_price '<a href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN'''SSL') . '">' .  TEXT_LOGIN_FOR_PRICE_BUTTON_REPLACE '</a>';
          return 
    $login_for_price;
        }
    // eof: CATEGORY_RESTRICTION - Login for Price 
    This fix will be incorporated in the next update of this mod.

Happy restricting

Cheers / Frank

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast