Plugin Contributions

Default PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function add_session() on a non-object

I've had customers reporting a blank screen on the Order Confirmation page today. The orders are not processed. I checked the logs and found this which points to the Quantum Gateway module that we use.

My host had SQL server problems earlier today. They say it's fixed now.

Can somebody explain to me, or at least try to guess, which side (my host or the Quantum Gateway) where things are going wrong? I haven't edited any files for weeks.

[25-Apr-2013 22:23:59] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function add_session() on a non-object in /store/includes/modules/payment/quantumqgwdbe.php on line 143

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function add_session() on a non-object

Check the date on the file at /includes/modules/payment/quantumqgwdbe.php
    If it is a current date, check other files from this addon for their date then it has been changed somehow
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function add_session() on a non-object

File dates look good. Haven't changed since the day I installed the module 16 months ago.

Plugin Contributions

Haven't changed since the day I installed the module 16 months ago
    Well these things do not just decide to quit working

There must be some change - to files or the supporting functions as in php version mysql or some item that has changed
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That error means the code is making a call to the $messageStack object, but it doesn't exist in the context in which they're trying to use it. Often this is because the function (class "method") in which they're using it needs a line saying "global $messageStack;" in order to make use of the $messageStack features.

But none of that would ever be a result of the 'SQL error' you first mentioned as being the cause.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. The problem fixed itself overnight, so I have no idea what to think.