Plugin Contributions

Default Taking customers money but not registering sale

Since last week I have experience major issues with my paypal working with zencart.
    When a customer purchases an item from my store their money is taken and placed into my paypal account, but the sale is not registering on the site. the download is not available and when I look at their accoutn and my sales it is as if the sale never happened.
    I have contacted paypal on 3 occasions so far and everytime they assure me that my account is fine and the problem is with zencart.
    I changed the paypal accoutn linked with the zencart to my partners and it works perfectly, but still they insist the issue lies with zencart.
    I have changed nothing on the site, added no upgrades or modules, so am completely stuck in limbo how to repair this problem
    I am currently using version 1.3.9f
    Any help would be appreciated as I am at my wits end now

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Taking customers money but not registering sale

May we assume you're using Paypal Standard ? If so, switch to the much more reliable Paypal Express and that problem should disappear.

Plugin Contributions

many thanks for the info, ill give it a whirl later tonight. It was something I had looked into but was unsure if it would solve the issue. You have just verified my own suspicions.

Plugin Contributions

is there any other solution to this problem as setting up paypal express with zencart requires me to make a paypal business account 1st. this requires a vat number and other details I cannot provide as I am not a business.

Plugin Contributions

It may be different where you are, but here in the US, there isn't any more information required for Express as opposed to Standard. Are you sure you weren't looking at Paypal Pro ?

I might suggest that if you're using Zencart you're selling things online, which means you are indeed a business. Might be time to obtain a VAT number and any other red tape you need to go through.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    It may be different where you are, but here in the US, there isn't any more information required for Express as opposed to Standard. Are you sure you weren't looking at Paypal Pro ?

I might suggest that if you're using Zencart you're selling things online, which means you are indeed a business. Might be time to obtain a VAT number and any other red tape you need to go through.
    Correct. If your PayPal account can use "Standard", then it can also use "Express Checkout". Anywhere in the world.
    If you are having a problem making that happen, then log a support ticket with Paypal to fix it, at www.paypal.com/mts

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.