Plugin Contributions

Default Checkout with 99.9% coupon not redirecting to Paypal for Express Payments

Running 1.5.1 with Authorize.net and paypal express payment options. I also have coupons running and free shipping options.
    I'm still in the testing process (luckly).

I place an item in the cart, go to checkout, select free shipping and enter a coupon. Select PayPal as payment option. Click Confirm the Order.
    The next screen I see is "Thank you, we appreciate your order. Your order number is..."

I never get taken to Paypal to make a payment.

Luckly again, the order is marked as Pending, not Processing.

If I do the order without a coupon, it processes as expected and sends me to Paypal to pay.

Where am I going wrong.

One thing I notice, the coupon I'm using is for testing on a live Auth.net and PayPal account, which is giving 99.9% off. So, my final price is only .49 cents. Is ZC set to NOT redirect to paypal under a certain amount?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout not redirecting to Paypal for Express Payments

Mods installed such as FEC? Are you running a template for Zen Cart 1.5.X?
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout not redirecting to Paypal for Express Payments

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    Mods installed such as FEC? Are you running a template for Zen Cart 1.5.X?
    Don't have FEC. Running Super Orders, Ask-a-Question, Easy Populate, Edit Orders, Local Sales Tax, Ty Package Tracker and a few others. Running HOPE template for 1.5.x.

If I test with a 50% off coupon, instead of the 99.9% coupon, it all seems to function properly.

I guess I could just let it go as I'll never have a 99.9% coupon once we are open.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout with 99.9% coupon not redirecting to Paypal for Express Payments

Quote Originally Posted by RFree190 View Post
    Is ZC set to NOT redirect to paypal under a certain amount?
    Well, yes. The amount is 0.00. At that point no payment is required, so it won't redirect to PayPal.
    It's possible that when you're applying the coupon it's recalculating taxes and shipping and any other surcharges you've configured, and determining that the price is actually 0.00.
    And, yes, it's unrealistic to test with a 99.9% coupon. Better to test with an actual product whose price you can temporarily set to 0.01.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout with 99.9% coupon not redirecting to Paypal for Express Payments

I have a follow up question on this. The fact that the order is set to "pending" when the amount due is 0.00. I have a client that I want to be able to give free access to downloads. I created a group that has 100% discount, so her orders are always free. But still it marks it as pending no matter how she chooses to pay (paypal or check/M. Order) although it doesn't actually go to those modules because total is $0. Is there a way around this - to set orders that are 0.00 to Delivered?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

See your other post on the same matter: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Delivered-quot

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.