Plugin Contributions

bug Easy Populate CSV 1.2.5.7c - not appearing in configuration menu

Hi,

Install instructions include the following:
    6) Go to Admin -> Configuration -> Easy Populate, and configure the upload directory if you have
    changed it from default. Also, ensure that the correct date format is set for your upload files.

Even after I logged out and logged back into my ZC admin, I have no "Easy Populate" in my "Configuration" menu. Otherwise, the installation seems successful (test csv was exported automatically and its content appears to be correct). So far I haven't changed the temp directory's name, but think it might be a good idea, and I'd like to check that date format, too. (I do have "Easy Populate" in my "Tools" menu, but there's no way there to edit the directory name or date format or perform any other configuration.)

I looked at the database, but there don't seem to be any EP-related records there. Tried uploading install_sql (using Tools>Install SQL Patches), but only got errors and nothing got added to the db.

I'm having the same problems on 2 separate websites. What am I doing wrong, or what code/db entry do I need to change and how?

Thanks,
    Magz

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate CSV 1.2.5.7c - not appearing in configuration menu

Never mind...ran a different search on this Forum and found a thread on the same problem with version 7b, and a recommendation to replace with EP 4.0, which I'm going to try next...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by magz View Post
    Never mind...ran a different search on this Forum and found a thread on the same problem with version 7b, and a recommendation to replace with EP 4.0, which I'm going to try next...
    Hi Magz, I have exactly the same problem with my version of 1.2.5.7c on zen cart 1.5.1.
    Successfully installed and everything is working fine except that i cannot see the "Easy Populate" menu under Admin-Configuration.

For me, it's working fine, but i need to configure the directory of EPtem to make it safer, right?

Could anyone please see to it? thanks very much.

Plugin Contributions

In the same boat here too on 1.5.1 as gracefan above.

Any direction?

Plugin Contributions

Two reasons I can think of this happening, one the configuration menu assigned to that version of EP was "written" independent of the ZC configuration.php file (see the uri when trying to access) or if the menu option is not present at all then the necessary code to add the menu option to the database has not been run and would need to be manually added through the admin panel. (Or a more recent version of EP which doesn't have that problem, assuming that it is compatible with whatever version of ZC is had.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

For reason #2 - when the install didn't appear to work via the link, I ran the install sql script and got a white screen with:
    "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."

Does ZC v1.5.1 require the 'Admin Page Registration' to be used?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sbbemn View Post
    For reason #2 - when the install didn't appear to work via the link, I ran the install sql script and got a white screen with:
    "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."

Does ZC v1.5.1 require the 'Admin Page Registration' to be used?
    Still two more "issues" here, thefact that the install SQL resulted in an error is more than likely because portions of the install SQL have already been performed. (Proof is in the error log(s) associated with that event. In ZC 1.5.1 they are in the store's logs directory, prior to that. version they are in the cache directory.

Regarding 1.5.1, either the Admin Page Registration must be used by the store operator (typically for "legacy" software)or the plugin installation should already contain the code necessary to perform the same operation. Soin a way, yes, but not necessarily manually.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...