Plugin Contributions

Default How to create a feed?!

Im looking to build a new feed from my site which is a tab delimited txt file which i can update on a daily basis

Any one know oh a tutorial to how to do this??

I have easy populate installed and the froogle.txt file is close to waht i need but now correct... is there a way of adding another button to easy populate for a new feed... ie custom feed.txt that will create / update a txt file of my choice, still keeping the froogle feed though

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to create a feed?!

right ive so far managed to hack easy populate and utalise the unused froogle feed to create a tab delimited txt file that matched my feed requirements ...... well almost... i'm stuck with the following issues

when exporting the url of my items its doesn't include my domain address just /cat/cat2/item how can i add my url into this??

PHP Code:
            $filetemp['Link'] = 'v_froogle_products_url_1'
    also when the feed creates it creates a new feed every time, is there a way to overwrite a file is exists on server instead of creating new??

PHP Code:
            case 'froogle': {

$EXPORT_TIME "txtfeed" $EXPORT_TIME;

$csv_deliminator "\t";

$csv_enclosure ' ';

$FILE_EXT "txt";

$filestring array_map("kill_breaks"$filestring);
            } 
    and... is there a way if limiting the amount of characters for the product description??

PHP Code:
                $row['v_froogle_products_description_' $lid] = '"' html_entity_decode(strip_tags(str_replace('"','""',$row2['products_description']))) . '"'

Plugin Contributions

where are you planning to submit your feed?

Plugin Contributions

several places, mainly advert programs, price comp site, amazons new product adverts etc etc etc

some places i have to manually upload a txt or CSV file (which i can convert easy enough in excell etc) others want to come to the site and manually download the txt file from there server etc which i way i need to be able to overwright the file rather that create a new one with a different file name

Plugin Contributions

If these sites will also accept an xml feed then the google merchant center feeder module is useful for this too. Create your feed and submit the url to the sites you are submitting too or provide the url so they can automatically fetch it.

Plugin Contributions

yeah i use the google feed, but its not accepted by anything other than google i can find, ive tried this xml feed with others like amazon and shopzilla etc and they all fail due to laddering in the xml or duel use of the price tag (product and shipping both use <grice> tag)

by using this text file seem to be the only way with these site, but just require further tweeking which im stuck at

Plugin Contributions

any one able to help with this??