Plugin Contributions

Default small problem after upgading

Hello,

I upgraded a client's store recently and tested and thought everything was cool. But I have noticed that when I click on a category that has only one product in it, I get a white screen instead of the listing. I tested that it was related to having only one product by adding a dummy product into one of the categories where this is happening and once I did that, the listing appeared as normal.

I'm sure the problem is being caused by a missing semi-colon or something like that. So, my question is does anyone know what file(s) I should focus on to try to find the issue? I.E. what is the difference between the includes for a one product listing versus multiple product listing? I'm confident I can find the error once I can narrow down where to look.
    Ellie Armsby

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: small problem after upgading

FAQ article found by searching the FAQs for "blank screen": http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. I actually was aware of the different things that could cause the blank screen. I'm trying to narrow down which file might be missing or have a syntax error. The debug info isn't very helpful. It says:

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /PATH_TO_STORE/includes/languages/english/subito2/index.php:62) in /PATH_TO_STORE/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 45

I actually didn't make any edit to either of those files and I don't find any syntax error in looking at either of them. So, I'm still trying to determine which includes are used when a category has only one product in it instead of several.
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Depending on the admin setting, a category with only one product in it can display the product info page for that product when the visitor clicks on the category, but I would expect all your other product info pages to be blank, too.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /PATH_TO_STORE/includes/languages/english/subito2/index.php:62)
    That file is definitely a problem. While you may not think you edited the file, you probably did upload/download it a few times, and that probably left it with a damaged line-ending, resulting in a blank line at the end of the file, thus causing PHP to generate output, which thus triggers the "output started at" symptom. Hence the error message.

This points therefore to another FAQ, also found by searching for that error text: "Warning: Cannot modify header" which directly answers the issue: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...s-already-sent

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Dr. Byte. I'll keep looking for the problem. I haven't found it yet, but I'll post when I do.
    Ellie Armsby