Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1st time user - Confused on upgrade process

Quote Originally Posted by RonThePartsGuy View Post
    I figured out the configure.php issue.

Now the demo site says I need to upgrade the database and I follow the process to do such, but the Database Information -- Upgrade Sniffer is incorrectly sniffing the wrong database.

It says that the info is pulled from the configure.php settings but they are not what the configure.php settings say.

Where is the Database Information -- Upgrade Sniffer getting the database info from? More importantly how do I get it to upgrade the correct database and not the one is thinks it should upgrade?
    It must have been a cache issue in Firefox?

I started the upgrade process in Chrome and it sniffed the correct database this time.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It must have been a cache issue in Firefox?

I started the upgrade process in Chrome and it sniffed the correct database this time.
    None of the DB_xxxx credentials would be affected by the choice of browser, since that data is on the PHP end, not the browser end.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    None of the DB_xxxx credentials would be affected by the choice of browser, since that data is on the PHP end, not the browser end.
    Interesting. It wouldn't find the correct database using Firefox but it did using Chrome. Not sure why or how.

Now I have other database upgrade issues:

When I try to do the upgrade I got this:

ATTENTION: Problems Found
    • Admin Password required to proceed with upgrade more info...
    • Admin Password required to proceed with upgrade more info...
    • Could not rename all tables more info...

I know what my admin password is and I never asked it to rename all the tables. Any idea why this is happening?

Plugin Contributions

I went ahead with the database upgrade and I ended up with these errors. What do they mean exactly and what do I do to fix them?

SKIPPED: Cannot drop index page_accessed on table admin_activity_log because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot drop index access_date on table admin_activity_log because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_page_accessed_zen to table admin_activity_log because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_access_date_zen to table admin_activity_log because it already exists.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I went ahead with the database upgrade and I ended up with these errors. What do they mean exactly and what do I do to fix them?

SKIPPED: Cannot drop index page_accessed on table admin_activity_log because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot drop index access_date on table admin_activity_log because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_page_accessed_zen to table admin_activity_log because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_access_date_zen to table admin_activity_log because it already exists.
    Those are just informational, and are a result of the upgrade process trying to do steps that had apparently already been done somehow, or were not needed.
    So, those particular messages can be ignored.
    If there were a serious functional problem after upgrading, those messages might be useful for troubleshooting later. But those particular ones don't indicate anything risky.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Those are just informational, and are a result of the upgrade process trying to do steps that had apparently already been done somehow, or were not needed.
    So, those particular messages can be ignored.
    If there were a serious functional problem after upgrading, those messages might be useful for troubleshooting later. But those particular ones don't indicate anything risky.
    Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

The live site is on v1.3.9h so I downloaded the zen-cart-v1.3.9h-full-fileset-10262010.zip file and ran WinMerge between the two and there are several differences.

IMO: there are lots of major code differences that does look like add-ons.

Files like functions_prices.php & attributes_controller.php have serious code differences.

I am guessing that someone has added some add-ons in the past to this site. Other than using a program like WinMerge... is there an easy way to see what has been added to the site?

Is there somewhere in the admin area that lists exactly what add-ons have been applied?

Plugin Contributions

Is there somewhere in the admin area that lists exactly what add-ons have been applied?
    No - one should keep track of the addons that have been installed
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    No - one should keep track of the addons that have been installed
    I agree with you and I have extensive notes on all the other sites that I have built or worked on in the past, but I just inherited this site yesterday morning. The last person to work on it is gone and left no notes or anything so I am on my own to figure it all out.

Plugin Contributions

Every mod i have ever installed the developers always paste the name in the coding ...
    Winmerge carefully and you will find your modules tucked in the original code of zen cart ...
    Mark
    Hare Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast