Plugin Contributions

Default Uploaded files to hostmonster cpanel not showing up in download manager

I always upload my files (downloadable items for sale) through hostmonster's c-panel in the downloads section of the public_html root. Then I go into my zen cart's admin panel and via the downloads manager section of the catalog heading, I continue with the Option Name Manager and attributes section. But this time, the books are showing up in the c-panel of hostmonster's downloads but NOT in the zen cart download manager section.

I prefer to use the zen cart admin panel versus the html behind the scenes coding.
    Any suggestions?

I have already contacted hostmonster and they did a test on their end and say it is zen cart issue. I have also logged in and out of both accounts, cleared cookies/cache. Hostmonster basically said the system is not speaking to each other to receive the new uploads/downloads.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Uploaded files to hostmonster cpanel not showing up in download manager

Perhaps one of the Similar Threads (below) could help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Uploaded files to hostmonster cpanel not showing up in download manager

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Perhaps one of the Similar Threads (below) could help.
    I have looked through all the threads and they all deal with using zen cart directly and uploading through filezilla or the like. I am not familiar with that and prefer the c-panel of admin through zen cart. I am still looking to see where the breakdown occurred because I have used this system and process since day one with no issue.

Plugin Contributions

What are the permissions on the directories:
    /images
    /images/large
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I do not know. I only upload via zen cart's admin section. Where would i find that information?

Plugin Contributions

root directory/ images/
    root directory/ images/ large
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

What does the images directory have to do with the OP? The question was about downloadable files uploaded into the downloads folder not being found by the downloads manager in the admin.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

That would be where the friendly helper totally misreads the question ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

LOL, I am in the same boat too ....
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

One way to troubleshoot this would be to take the ten minutes or so it takes to install and figure out the basics of an FTP program like Filezilla (I use the FireFTP plugin for Firefox). That will allow you to confirm that the files are actually in the /downloads folder and you will have learned a new skill that is very handy when working with any Web-based software, including Zencart.

If you can use Windows Explorer (or whatever the Mac equivalent is) you'll find that FTP programs are very similar. One pane contains the folders and files of your server on Hostmonster and the other contains the folders and files on your local computer. All the software does is allow you to move files from one to the other, using drag-and-drop. Easier, actually, than using the CPanel File manager.