Plugin Contributions

Default How can I see the fees levied on PayPal Express Chekout Payment transactions?

ZenCart 1.3.9h hosted with godaddy. LINUX, PHP 5.1, CGI 2.0, PERL 5.0, PYTHON 2.4, RUBY 1.8.4, MYSQL 5.0

When I view order details I'm not seeing the payment fee from paypal, It only shows the gross amount the customer paid. Everything else works fine with the transactions.

Thanks
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I see the fees levied on PayPal Express Chekout Payment transactions?

When I view order details I'm not seeing the payment fee from paypal
    Fees are not listed as they vary between accounts

You can view your fees in your PayPal account
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I see the fees levied on PayPal Express Chekout Payment transactions?

Quote Originally Posted by mhanna2755 View Post
    ZenCart 1.3.9h hosted with godaddy. LINUX, PHP 5.1, CGI 2.0, PERL 5.0, PYTHON 2.4, RUBY 1.8.4, MYSQL 5.0

When I view order details I'm not seeing the payment fee from paypal, It only shows the gross amount the customer paid. Everything else works fine with the transactions.

Thanks
    Mark
    You didn't mention which of the 3 PayPal payment methods you're using; knowing that might help. I just looked at one of my v1.5.1 stores and for an order paid with PayPal Express Checkout, it shows:
    Code:
    Currency: 	USD
    Gross Amount: 	17.76
    Payment Fee: 	0.82
    Exchange Rate: 	
    Cart items: 	1

Plugin Contributions

As stated in my title, PayPal Express checkout. I see the same fields in my order details but the only one filled in is gross amount. Currency, exchange rate and payment fees are blank.

thank you
    Mark.

Plugin Contributions

As stated in my title, PayPal Express checkout. I see the same fields in my order details but the only one filled in is gross amount. Currency, exchange rate and payment fees are blank.

thank you
    Mark.
    Sorry, I was looking at the text rather than the title. Do you have any log files in your /cache directory? You could try turning on the PayPal debugging (to either file or email) so that you'd have additional data to determine where the source of the problem is.

Plugin Contributions

but the only one filled in is gross amount. Currency, exchange rate and payment fees are blank
    Possible if there is a transaction in a different currency thus requiring an exchange rate that this info is not readily available in real time
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I checked the log files and didn't see anything in the /cashe directory. I did find the curl logs in the Paypal folder and they show all the info for the transaction including the fees. I use a pre-auth. then manual capture of the funds. Could this be causing the fees to not show on sen cart? The payment was in USD from a US bank so there was no conversion or extra fees.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I use a pre-auth. then manual capture of the funds. Could this be causing the fees to not show on sen cart?
    It could be that it's showing you the details of the pre-auth, and not the actual capture, thus you're not seeing the fees because the fees are finalized during the capture.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.