Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How do I get rid of the sample products?

My Zen Cart Admin area says I have 126 products, but I have only added one. I think the other 125 are because I uploaded with the sample products. I deleted the old categories, and I thought the products would go away when I did so, but that was not the case. Is there a way to get that count back to being accurate for my store and not my store plus the sample store? Thanks! :-)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I get rid of the sample products?

If you are talking about the numbering - then no

The system assigns the number sequentially to prevent duplicates
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Only way if its a brand new install is to reload a fresh cart using no store demo products ...
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Haredo--Do you mean I would basically start from scratch by running the install with config? Or I just need to FTP upload certain files? If I only need to FTP, which files? If a brand new install is needed, then I guess I will just leave it look like I have more products than I actually do in my "admin home" section. It is only an annoying detail. I am just surprised they did not go when I deleted out all the old categories and products.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    Haredo--Do you mean I would basically start from scratch by running the install with config? Or I just need to FTP upload certain files? If I only need to FTP, which files? If a brand new install is needed, then I guess I will just leave it look like I have more products than I actually do in my "admin home" section. It is only an annoying detail. I am just surprised they did not go when I deleted out all the old categories and products.
    You would need a "fresh" install of your zen cart, install them without the demo products. Zen Cart automaticly assigns product numbers to products, when you delete a product that number will never exsist again to eliminate 2 products with the same product number. So if you install the demo products, delete them, then the next product will start off where the last one ended, in the hundreds.

You will probably need to install the zen cart yourself, not through a script install like Simple Scripts, Fantastico, ect. I have not seen a auto script install program give the option to not install demo products.

Essentially you need a new fresh database and a reinstall is the most simple way to do this!
    Zen Cart Help and Design

If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, thanks. Then I will just deal with it. I'm not at all concerned about the numbers of the products. It's just that on the "Admin Home" page it shows my "Statistics" on the left that I have "126" products when I have only loaded one and deleted all the sample ones. So, are you saying that if I had a fresh cart and added 10 products, that if I delete 7 of them, it will still say I have 10 products in that section? That seems odd to me.

Plugin Contributions

It's just that on the "Admin Home" page it shows my "Statistics" on the left that I have "126" products
    I just tried this and deleted one and the admin home page reflected that by decreasing it by one

Are you sure that you deleted the products?

Also, what version of ZenCart are you talking about?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I am using the most current version, 1.5.1.

To delete the sample products, I just deleted all the product Categories, figuring that all the products in them would go, as well. They have indeed left my categories in both admin and on the website, but, like I said, I still show all those products in my stats number. Is there some other way to remove these products properly?

Plugin Contributions

I would suggest that you re-install without sample products as you only have one product
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    I would suggest that you re-install without sample products as you only have one product
    However, I have already added a design template and tweaked so many things that it would take me hours to put it all back. :-( So, I guess I will just deal with the 125 non-existent products. Thanks, though....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast