Thread: Template Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Template Help

I am a new Zen Cart user, I have just installed Zen Cart and have decided on a template to use. I have followed all the install tutorials and I am able to get template to display. My issue is although the template is showing, I dont see the template name in the configuration list in my Zen Cart admin console. I've tried to reinstall the template but still no luck. I am completely open to the fact that I may have done something wrong but for the life of me can't figure out what. Could someone help me out. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template Help

A link to your site would help. I'm not sure what you mean by 'the template is showing' if you didn't select it in admin.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JW1212 View Post
    ... My issue is although the template is showing, I dont see the template name in the configuration list in my Zen Cart admin console. ...
    I'm sorry, but what you've said doesn't make sense to me as it's a chicken/egg thing. If you don't see the template name in the configuration list (Tools->Template Selection) then you can't select that template as active. If that template's not active, it can't be "showing".

Make sure that your template includes the file /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/template_info.php, where YOUR_TEMPLATE is the name of your just-installed template.

Plugin Contributions

http://www.desotosystemsflags/index.php I was able to select the template under ...tools\template selection however, the install tutorial shows that I should then see the name of the template under the configuration tab, this I assume is how I make changes to the configuration of the template structure itself.

Plugin Contributions

No. I haven't looked at the installation docs in a while, but there is no provision to style a template from admin, other than the layout options in Layout Settings. All admin settings apply to the currently selected template.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    No. I haven't looked at the installation docs in a while, but there is no provision to style a template from admin, other than the layout options in Layout Settings. All admin settings apply to the currently selected template.
    Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  40.6 KB

above is a screen shop of the part of the tutorial I'm referring to, see how the Abbington Mega temp shows under "EZ pages", it's not in my Zen Cart. Specifically I'm trying to edit the "mega menu" on the page and according to the tutorial that button is how you do it. Other then that button I don't see any other way to modify that menu bar without changing the actual code. Hope this makes sense.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I thought you meant the Zencart installation guide. That's a template thing, it would be best to read/post in that template's support thread here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Support-Thread

Plugin Contributions

will do, thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I got a response from the template developer but not sure exactly what it means or how to correct issue, can anyone help? Here's her response:

If you already have the product layout grid module installed and have run the sql patch for that module or any of our other templates installed, you will omit that part of the sql patch:

Code:

## The following is used only to remove the column layout grid module:
    #delete from configuration where configuration_key in('PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE','PRODUCT_LISTING_COLUMNS_PER_ROW');

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value,
    configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order,
    last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function)
    VALUES ('Product Listing - Layout Style', 'PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE', 'columns',
    'Select the layout style:<br />Each product can be listed in its own row (rows option)
    or products can be listed in multiple columns per row (columns option)', '8', '40', NULL,
    now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array("rows", "columns"),');

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value,
    configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order,
    last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function)
    VALUES ('Product Listing - Columns Per Row', 'PRODUCT_LISTING_COLUMNS_PER_ROW', '3',
    'Select the number of columns of products to show in each row in the product listing.
    The default setting is 3.', '8', '41', NULL, now(), NULL, NULL);

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Sorry forgot to include the message I sent to her that prompted the above response, here it is:

I thought I uploaded the SQL patch with no issues. I then tried following the install tutorial again and when I got to the upload sql patch part I get an error "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." I then pulled the log file and here is the log entry:

"[17-May-2013 09:22:10] PHP Fatal error: 1062 duplicate entry 'PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE' for key 'unq_config_key_zen' ::
    INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Product Listing - Layout Style',
    'PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE', 'columns', 'Select the layout style:<br />Each product can be listed in its own row (rows option) or products can be listed in multiple columns per row (columns option)', '8', '40', NULL, now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array("rows", "columns"),');
    in /home4/desotosy/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 120

Any idea where I went wrong. Thanks for the help I've been banging my head against the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast