Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How do I turn off the add to cart button?

I have PayPal Express set up and that is all I want to use for the time being. How do I turn off the other Add to Cart option? I am not taking about removing the image, but the system.

Thanks much,
    Silver

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express

How do I turn off the other Add to Cart option?
    What other add to cart option??

A link to your site/page takes the guessing out of the mix
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

kobra:

Sorry 'bout that. I usually do: http://www.petluxuryboutique.com/ind...=shopping_cart

I have placed an item in the cart so you will see what I mean.

Thanks,

Silver

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your question is unclear. But since most people talking about checkout buttons want to remove the orange PayPal one because they think it's confusing to customers, you can simply go into your Paypal Express Checkout module settings and turn off the "EC Shortcut Button".

There is no "switch" to turn off the other one instead, nor is it recommended to do so.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr.Byte:

Thank you for the reply but I don't want to turn off the "EC" button because this is the checkout that I want my customers to use. At this point I really don't want to set up a merchant or gateway account. With PayPal I have both.

Thanks again,

Silver

Plugin Contributions

What methods are enabled in your admin for

admin > modules > payment
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHD View Post
    Dr.Byte:

Thank you for the reply but I don't want to turn off the "EC" button because this is the checkout that I want my customers to use. At this point I really don't want to set up a merchant or gateway account. With PayPal I have both.

Thanks again,

Silver
    You're not understanding how it works. And you've obviously not tried it.
    Turning off the EC button DOES NOT PREVENT the Express Checkout module from doing payment. It simply means the customer goes through checkout normally, and gets redirected to PayPal at the very end.
    Try it.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte:

OK, I will try it! <<And you've obviously not tried it>> DrByte, did you stop to consider that I didn't KNOW to try it? You could be a little nicer and more considerate about it! Think back to the days when you weren't a "Zen god."

Kind regards,

Silver

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I didn't intend to sound "mean". I made a suggestion, and you posted back saying you didn't want to. Hence it was obvious that you didn't try the suggestion made. I figured you'd try my suggestion before rejecting it and posting back saying you wouldn't do what I suggested.

I was actually rather frustrated that you simply rejected my suggestion just because you didn't want to do it. But, instead of attacking you, I simply tried to steer you back to trying the suggestion, hoping that maybe you'd simply misunderstood what I meant.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte:

It's not that I rejected your suggestion or didn't want to do it, I just didn't understand that you could use PayPalExpress by disabling it. Now that that is over, hopefully, I still need to know if I disable it will I lose all of my settings in PayPalExpress?

Thank you,

Silver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast