Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

cart error USPS Module not producing estimates; UPS working; Production mode on & USPS verified

Hi there,

I'm taking over a store that's been having problems with USPS shipping due to faulty maintenance by the last web developer. I had a new username issued through USPS Web Tool Registration Notice. I uninstalled and reinstalled the USPS shipping module. When that didn't work, I updated the USPS shipping module to USPS RateV4 and IntlRateV2 Shipping Module (http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1267). I called USPS a second time to make sure the RateCalculator was active... all of this to no avail. UPS is working fine, so I have no clue why USPS is not working.

Here's a link to the store - make no judgements unless you're judging the now MIA former developer.

http://www.papernado.com/store1/

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Ginger

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Module not producing estimates; UPS working; Production mode on & USPS verif

Turn on the Debug log and then look in the /logs directory when you go to checkout_shipping and post what you see in there ...

NOTE: if the log is too large to post, zip it and add it as an attachment ...

If you change the web tool user to the one that works, does USPS now work on this site?

If so, it sounds like usps does not have it set for Product Server, or ... you have forgotten to check and of the checkboxes for the shipping ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Module not producing estimates; UPS working; Production mode on & USPS verif

Hi Linda,

Thank you so much for your assistance. When I go through the motions of checking out to make it past checkout_shipping (in order to produce a log), no log is produced. I get the following message re: USPS shipping options:

United States Postal Service We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use.
    If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact us for assistance.
    (Please check that your Zip Code is entered correctly.)

Neither the old nor the new user web ID tool issued by USPS was/is working. Everything is active. I even called USPS a second time to make sure everything was properly functioning regarding the production server.

Question: where can I set the email address to where the USPS debug log is being sent? The poor woman that owns this site was swindled by her last developer who could never figure out how to correct this USPS problem... and then he just disappeared. I fear something, somewhere else in the Zen Cart apparatus has been screwed up, and is thus not allowing the USPS module to issue quotes.

Plugin Contributions

Go to Modules ... Shipping .. and click on USPS ...

Click EDIT and make sure that you have checked the checkboxes that you want to use for National and International shipping ...

Make sure that your Debug Mode is set to Logs ...

Next, check that your directory:
    /logs

has write permissions of either 777 or 775 depending on your server ...

What are your settings in the Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,

The debug mode as available in the module only offers off or email. I have it set to email. Here is the latest email I received:

<Error>
    <Number>80040b1a</Number>
    <Description>API Disabled: Rate. This API has been retired. Please use RateV4. Documentation can be found at https://www.usps.com/business/webtools-technical-guides.htm</Description>
    <Source>UspsCom:oAuth</Source>
    </Error>

I called USPS again and they told me that the software on our end is calling for RateV2, which is why I'm not getting rates. Where can I change this in the module so that it is instead getting quotes from RateV4?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Plugin Contributions

Somewhere, you and I are not on the same page here ...

Let's start over slowly and work through this ...

You still appear to be using an older version of USPS ... when you go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and click on USPS ... what are you seeing in the right hand column of the screen?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Here are the screenshots (minus webid).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-05-20 at 8.17.43 PM.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	12522   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-05-20 at 8.17.27 PM.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	12523  

Plugin Contributions

Right above where you took the first screenshot, it should say "USPS Version Date." What is that?
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Here are the settings for Configuration -> Shipping/Packaging

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-05-20 at 8.37.52 PM.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	12524

Plugin Contributions

I don't see a version number anywhere?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-05-20 at 8.40.35 PM.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	12525

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast