Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot add items to cart

This is a new installation of ZC, the first using 1.5.1. Everything works, except pressing any 'add to cart' button just refreshed the page I'm on, and the 'cart' remains empty. Changing the template has no effect, I have messed with the configure.php file to no avail. I never had this problem before using 1.5.1 I have made sure the shopping_cart.php file is not corrupt.

please help!

the store is located at dsrchobbies.com no SSL in place as yet - the only other minor thing I notice is that I had reset the permissions of configure.php to 444 as instructed. I have to change it back to 777 in order to overwrite it using my ftp program, and as soon as I do that, it overwrites the file and then chmods it back to 444 all by itself. Not sure what's up with that, but I have been successful overwriting my changes, it is now back to its original form:

// Define the webserver and path parameters
    // HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com
    // HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.your_domain.com
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://dsrchobbies.com');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://dsrchobbies.com');

// Use secure webserver for checkout procedure?
    define('ENABLE_SSL', 'false');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
    // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
    define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
    define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
    define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
    define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
    define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
    define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'templates/');

define('DIR_WS_PHPBB', '/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
    //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/dsrchobb/public_html/');

//the following path is a COMPLETE path to the /logs/ folder eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/logs ... and no trailing slash
    define('DIR_FS_LOGS', '/home/dsrchobb/public_html/logs');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
    define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
    define('DIR_WS_UPLOADS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'uploads/');
    define('DIR_FS_UPLOADS', DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_UPLOADS);
    define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'email/');

// define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', '');
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', ***DELETED BY ME***);
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', ***DELETED BY ME***);
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'dsrchobb_store');

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
    // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from: none, database, or file
    // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache
    // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
    // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache -- leave no trailing slash
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');
    define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/dsrchobb/public_html/cache');

// EOF

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot add items to cart

Looks like that your configuration file is currect. Try re-upload the orignal shopping cart file from zen cart site and see if that will solve the issue.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rikkitiki View Post
    then chmods it back to 444 all by itself. Not sure what's up with that
    1. That permissions-reset is normal. The first "click" on your store after the file isn't 444 will reset it to 444 by the store, for security reasons.

2. Can you create a customer account and login? If you can't put something in your cart and can't log in, then you have a sessions problem. And sessions problems are usually caused by conflicting data in browser cookies, or domain name mismatches.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...working-for-me

3. Also, if you've changed the admin setting which prevents the site from redirecting to the Shopping Cart page after adding to cart, then you should put it back so that it does do that redirect. (Some people turn that off so that it only displays a message across the top that something was added, but confusingly leaves the shopper on the same page. If you've done that, reset it back in order to rule that out as a contributor to your problem.)

4. Plus you're getting a blank page when clicking on the "Write a Review" button on the product page. So that means you've got a PHP error on your site, which will be detailed in your /logs/ folder, as explained here: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

5. This last issue, the blank page, can often be caused by incomplete uploads of PHP files. And likewise your inability for add-to-cart to work could be caused by corrupt or incomplete or missing PHP files. Check all the files on the server to be sure every one of them is complete and correct.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    1. That permissions-reset is normal. The first "click" on your store after the file isn't 444 will reset it to 444 by the store, for security reasons.

2. Can you create a customer account and login? If you can't put something in your cart and can't log in, then you have a sessions problem. And sessions problems are usually caused by conflicting data in browser cookies, or domain name mismatches.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...working-for-me

Yes I can, and wrote a review while logged in. It did not give me a blank page with the default template, but DID with the addon template.

3. Also, if you've changed the admin setting which prevents the site from redirecting to the Shopping Cart page after adding to cart, then you should put it back so that it does do that redirect. (Some people turn that off so that it only displays a message across the top that something was added, but confusingly leaves the shopper on the same page. If you've done that, reset it back in order to rule that out as a contributor to your problem.)

I did not do that, but where whould I check?

4. Plus you're getting a blank page when clicking on the "Write a Review" button on the product page. So that means you've got a PHP error on your site, which will be detailed in your /logs/ folder, as explained here: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

[15-Apr-2013 05:22:39] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dsrchobb/public_html/includes/languages/WP Black and Purple 900/english.php:1401) in /home/dsrchobb/public_html/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

5. This last issue, the blank page, can often be caused by incomplete uploads of PHP files. And likewise your inability for add-to-cart to work could be caused by corrupt or incomplete or missing PHP files. Check all the files on the server to be sure every one of them is complete and correct.
    This could take some time...

Thank you for your response!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by morrisgiftshop View Post
    Looks like that your configuration file is currect. Try re-upload the orignal shopping cart file from zen cart site and see if that will solve the issue.
    I did that, did not help.

Thanks for responding!