Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding Braintree payment module

Quote Originally Posted by bislewl View Post
    HOWEVER this module does NOT support processing USING THIS MODULE, for anything other than braintree.
    Does that mean you can only process credit cards through Braintree?

And so you still need PayPal?

I was hoping it would be an all-encompassing payment system allowing Apple Pay and everything :-/

Plugin Contributions

Hi guys,

I read all the threads of this post but I could not find the answer to the bug I am experiencing.

My website is:

https://www.dexa-punaise-de-lit.fr

It has the SSL. The Admin/configure.php file is good.
    In the database, I see only the braintree file (no table_, no zen_)

My host is ipage (ftp.ipage.com)

The website is in French. I do not use the english folder but the french folder (not sure if this is important or not).

The account has been approved by Braintree. It is in EUR.

I generated new API keys and use them in admin/modules/paiement => braintree
    I found the merchant account ID at the bottom of Processing Option.

I try to buy this product in the website:
    https://www.dexa-punaise-de-lit.fr/i...products_id=55

During the checkout process, I login, click on "continue".

The braintree module does display the credit card box where I am being asked my credit card details. (see braintree-zencart1.png below)

I fill the info then I click on "continue".

And the first bug appears (see braintree-zencart2.png below). Basically the order confirmation ("confirmation de commande") is displayed twice on the page.

Then I click on "confirm order".

And the second bug appears (see braintree-zencart3.png below). It goes back to step 2/3 and displays the following error message: "Message: Amount must be greater than zero."

Could someone please help me?

P.S. The module has been installed by numinix. I did not change anything after they installed it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	braintree-zencart1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	15578

Name:	braintree-zencart2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	15579

Name:	braintree-zencart3.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	15580

Thank you.

Benoit

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by trentdosto View Post
    Hi guys,

I read all the threads of this post but I could not find the answer to the bug I am experiencing.

My website is:

https://www.dexa-punaise-de-lit.fr

It has the SSL. The Admin/configure.php file is good.
    In the database, I see only the braintree file (no table_, no zen_)

My host is ipage (ftp.ipage.com)

The website is in French. I do not use the english folder but the french folder (not sure if this is important or not).

The account has been approved by Braintree. It is in EUR.

I generated new API keys and use them in admin/modules/paiement => braintree
    I found the merchant account ID at the bottom of Processing Option.

I try to buy this product in the website:
    https://www.dexa-punaise-de-lit.fr/i...products_id=55

During the checkout process, I login, click on "continue".

The braintree module does display the credit card box where I am being asked my credit card details. (see braintree-zencart1.png below)

I fill the info then I click on "continue".

And the first bug appears (see braintree-zencart2.png below). Basically the order confirmation ("confirmation de commande") is displayed twice on the page.

Then I click on "confirm order".

And the second bug appears (see braintree-zencart3.png below). It goes back to step 2/3 and displays the following error message: "Message: Amount must be greater than zero."

Could someone please help me?

P.S. The module has been installed by numinix. I did not change anything after they installed it.

Name:	braintree-zencart1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	15578

Name:	braintree-zencart2.jpg 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	15579

Name:	braintree-zencart3.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	15580

Thank you.

Benoit
    These look like issues with your checkout and are probably not directly related to Braintree. To confirm that, set the payment module to disabled in the admin and try checking out with a different payment method.

Plugin Contributions

OK. I paid a programmer to try to fix the issue.

I found one error. I was using the latest version of zen-cart V1.5.4

The braintree module accept only V.1.5.3

The programmer managed to get the module to work in sandbox.

Bizarrely, in Braintree I can now only use Amex (no Visa, no Credit Card...)

So we will have to wait until Monday to try in production.

Plugin Contributions

Your programmer is mistaken. It works fine with 1.5.4 (and does take Visa and MasterCard if so configured).
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Everyone,

Although this module was working with my Zen Cart 1.5.0, it is not working with Zen Cart 1.5.4 installation.

I am using Zen Cart ver. 1.5.4 and Braintree 1.3.1 and the Winchester Black theme...., Since my database does not have any Prefix's, I have changed both files under includes/extra_datafiles/braintree_api.php AND admin/includes/extra_datafiles/braintree_api.php to:

Code:
    <?php
    	define('TABLE_BRAINTREE', 'braintree');
    PROBLEM 1: After filing out ALL of the Credit Card info on the Step 2 of 4 - Payments page, and I click on CONTINUE..., the page does not change or go to the Step 3 of 4.... page..., it just stays the same. However, the pages "tab" changes to Step 3 of 4.....

PROBLEM 2: If I miss filling out a field in the Credit Card info on the Step 2 of 4 - Payments page, and I click on CONTINUE..., the "pop-up" does tell me that I have to correct something..., and the error is highlighted in red near the incorrect input field..., and the highlighted in red message tells me what is wrong. But no matter how many times I correct the input field..., the highlighted red message remains and is duplicated and added onto the first message. (Below I have pressed CONTINUE 3 times without a card number)

Name:	Payment Method.JPG 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	15878

Also, in my Zen Cart admin panel under "Modules/Payment or/Shipping or/Order Total" the page title says "Flexible Footer Menu"??? I don't think that this is causing any problems, but I'm not sure??

Name:	Payment Modules.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	15879

Any thoughts or suggestions???
    Thanks,
    Danny
    Daniel Osko

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by danielosko View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Although this module was working with my Zen Cart 1.5.0, it is not working with Zen Cart 1.5.4 installation.

I am using Zen Cart ver. 1.5.4 and Braintree 1.3.1 and the Winchester Black theme...., Since my database does not have any Prefix's, I have changed both files under includes/extra_datafiles/braintree_api.php AND admin/includes/extra_datafiles/braintree_api.php to:

Code:
    <?php
    	define('TABLE_BRAINTREE', 'braintree');
    PROBLEM 1: After filing out ALL of the Credit Card info on the Step 2 of 4 - Payments page, and I click on CONTINUE..., the page does not change or go to the Step 3 of 4.... page..., it just stays the same. However, the pages "tab" changes to Step 3 of 4.....

PROBLEM 2: If I miss filling out a field in the Credit Card info on the Step 2 of 4 - Payments page, and I click on CONTINUE..., the "pop-up" does tell me that I have to correct something..., and the error is highlighted in red near the incorrect input field..., and the highlighted in red message tells me what is wrong. But no matter how many times I correct the input field..., the highlighted red message remains and is duplicated and added onto the first message. (Below I have pressed CONTINUE 3 times without a card number)

Name:	Payment Method.JPG 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	15878

Also, in my Zen Cart admin panel under "Modules/Payment or/Shipping or/Order Total" the page title says "Flexible Footer Menu"??? I don't think that this is causing any problems, but I'm not sure??

Name:	Payment Modules.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	15879

Any thoughts or suggestions???
    Thanks,
    Danny
    Danny,

You shouldn't need to remove the DB_PREFIX as that should be defined in both your configure.php files.

Please check your database and verify that the table called "braintree" exist and NOT "TABLE_BRAINTEE"

Additionally the Flexible Footer Menu title is actually an issue I have experienced with various templates, despite it being annoying it actually isn't harmful (at least from experience)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bislewl View Post
    Additionally the Flexible Footer Menu title is actually an issue I have experienced with various templates, despite it being annoying it actually isn't harmful (at least from experience)
    It is not harmful, it is just a case of placing the defines in the wrong language file. This will be fixed in the next release of FFM.

Plugin Contributions

Well, the database file did say "braintree" without any prefix.

But just to be safe, I uninstalled the braintree plugin, deleted the SQL file, deleted all braintree files on the server, confirmed that braintree was no longer an option in my admin panels' payment options, reinstalled the entire braintree plugin, did NOT remove the "DB_PREFIX code" from the in my configure files, re-installed braintree from my admin panels' payment options, confirmed that a database file called braintree was created, filled out all of my "sandbox" info and id's and keys, logged into the website and tried to place an order, and the EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED.

I am stupefied! I already lost three sales in three days because the customers do not want to use PayPal.

Any thoughts? Could it have anything to do with myStep 2 of 4 or Step 3 of 4 pages coding?

ANY help is appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Danny
    Daniel Osko

Plugin Contributions

After thought..., this is why I hate upgrading or re-installing newer Zen Cart releases. (I've been using it since 2008) Anyway, there is ALWAYS something screwed up! lol And by the time you get them corrected..., there's another new release! I wish that I could spend more time on adding products rather than attempting to fix the damn cart.

It took four months to "tweak" 1.5.4, the black Winchester template, all of the CSS, graphics, and install the plugins on my home server before I was satisfied with the look and functions and uploaded it all to my website. Although, I still have to "tweak" some more CSS files so that the site is correctly viewed on all mobile devices..., I never expected one of the main components..., the ability to actually process credit cards..., to fail. And because of this, I have already spent three days trying to fix it, instead of correcting the mobile devices displays and other alignment problems.

Please forgive me for the "rant", but I am disgusted, disillusioned, and desperate! lol
    Danny
    Daniel Osko

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast