Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding Braintree payment module

It is all a bit frustrating, Braintree have now approved my account application but I cannot use it !

I have the Braintree module in sandbox debug mode, now it is nicely sending me emails with "update_status module disabled because SSL is not enabled on this site."
    I have set some credit cards in configuration/credit cards.

I do not see any Braintree icons in checkout page 2 of 3. Is this blocked because of the SSL error or could it be some other reason?

I attach a couple of screenshots from the configurator, deleted the confidential stuff!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marton_1 View Post
    "update_status
    Module disabled because SSL is not enabled on this site."
    In your two configure.php files, what are your defines for:

HTTP_SERVER
    HTTPS_SERVER
    HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER
    HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER
    ENABLE_SSL
    ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN
    ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG
    (some of these exist in both files, some only in the admin file)
    I suspect the braintree module is looking for the "enable" defines to be 'true', and the HTTPS defines to contain an https:// url.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post

HTTP_SERVER
    HTTPS_SERVER
    HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER
    HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER
    ENABLE_SSL
    ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN
    ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG
    I suspect the braintree module is looking for the "enable" defines to be 'true', and the HTTPS defines to contain an https:// url.
    ... or it's just looking for ENABLE_SSL to be set to 'true' and @marton_1 has the site set for SSL-all-the-time and has that define set to 'false'. Similar issues are present in the authorizenet_aim and paypaldp handling.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    ... or it's just looking for ENABLE_SSL to be set to 'true' and @marton_1 has the site set for SSL-all-the-time and has that define set to 'false'. Similar issues are present in the authorizenet_aim and paypaldp handling.
    Yes, but since @marton_1 didn't say whether the complainant error message was showing on the admin side or the catalog side, the broader detail was necessary to fill in the information/context not supplied.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    @lat9, also note that the FAQ articles that *PREVIOUSLY* recommended setting ENABLE_SSL to false when setting HTTP_SERVER to an https URL have been CHANGED to NO LONGER RECOMMEND setting ENABLE_SSL to false.
    (While the original logic/reasoning was valid, obviously multiple payment modules haven't been written to support such a change, and thus for backward compatibility the recommendation is to still set ENABLE_SSL to true)
    But, FAQ content is completely off topic for this thread.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post

HTTP_SERVER
    HTTPS_SERVER
    HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER
    HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER
    ENABLE_SSL
    ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN
    ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG
    "is looking for the "enable" defines to be 'true'" Great, I did change that to true and now everything Braintree is working.

BTW, I did want to use the Payeezy JS module but the link provided is to sign up as a US Customer.
    I did google and find the Swiss company, sent a Contact email from their web site to their Sales Dept. 2 weeks ago requesting to sign up but until now no reply; not your problem I know!

Plugin Contributions

I am now into sandbox testing and overall the plug in works fine, just one issue with zones.

1. I get the message "Aug-14-2017 09:09:31 (1502694571)
    update_status
    Module disabled due to zone restriction. Billing address is not within the Payment Zone selected in the module settings."
    If I set the zone to "none" then it works OK. I use the same zone definition for the built in PayPal Express Checkout which works fine.

Plugin Contributions

I tested Maestro in the sandbox and it works fine but then I got a question from Braintree!

Maestro
    In most instances, Maestro cards rely on using 3D Secure technology. 3D Secure isn't automatically enabled on your account, which means that you can only accept certain types of Maestro transactions by default. If the customer’s Maestro card was issued in the same country that your business is domiciled, you can accept one-time or recurring Maestro payments without using 3D Secure.
    Let us know if you're interested in 3D Secure.
    So am I interested in 3D secure? I mean does this plugin support 3D secure?

BTW, I translated most of the define file into German language, zip copy is attached in case anybody finds it usefull!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marton_1 View Post
    I tested Maestro in the sandbox and it works fine but then I got a question from Braintree!

Maestro
    In most instances, Maestro cards rely on using 3D Secure technology. 3D Secure isn't automatically enabled on your account, which means that you can only accept certain types of Maestro transactions by default. If the customer’s Maestro card was issued in the same country that your business is domiciled, you can accept one-time or recurring Maestro payments without using 3D Secure.
    Let us know if you're interested in 3D Secure.
    So am I interested in 3D secure? I mean does this plugin support 3D secure?

BTW, I translated most of the define file into German language, zip copy is attached in case anybody finds it usefull!
    So I found a Braintree test case for 3-D Secure/Verified by Visa and got the response

Subject: before_process - DP-5

braintree_api
    Result: Success
    Did a google search but I do not know if this answer means the 3D Secure test was successful, I have not yet asked Braintree to turn on 3D secure in my sandbox but maybe the plugin automatically calls for this?

Plugin Contributions

I have been using Paypal Express for years and it always worked well, I use the Zen Cart built in PayPal Express.

Now since installing the Braintree module, it seems that PayPal Express is now running over the Braintree Payment module since I now get PayPal messages over Braintree.

Now I have a new problem, PayPal Express does not display the correct price?!

If, for example, I order an item for 29.90 then I have a low price extra of 5.00 and delivery of 9.00 so the total is 43.90.
    When I initiate PayPal Express then PayPal displays the price to pay is 34.55!
    When I actually approve the payment then PayPal takes the correct 43.90?

I do not see where the 34.55 comes from, if PayPal somehow missed the delivery cost of 9.00 then the price would be 34.90.

If I do not use the PayPal express button on the Shopping Cart page but go through longer payment process then PayPal displays and works correctly.

My ideal solution would be to continue to use the Zen Cart built in PayPal Express module, is there some way I can configure this?
    I suppose I could deconfigure the PayPal Express button on the Shopping Cart page but then I would lose a valuable function

I started using Braintree because credit card payments over PayPal were losing me customers because PayPal demanded some customers to open an account which they did not want to do!

I am using v155d with the standard Green Responsive template on a Unix server.
    my web site here in English language!

BTW, thanks to whoever suggested I set up a Zen Cart test site on my Web host server; it was a bit tedious but it works well (other than confusing the google adwords statistics!)

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast