Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding Braintree payment module

This seems to be the best place for Braintree answers.
    Daniel Osko

Plugin Contributions

Can someone help me with braintree 1.1.0 ? I am using Zen Cart 1.3.8a. I have SSL installed and the pay pal express payment module ,which works fine.
    I recently tried to install braintree 1.10 after learning it was a Google checkout alternative. I copied it to my site directory via filezilla. I go to my payment modules and install it. I then enter my keys from my newly created braintree account. And then.. nothing .. am i missing something ? I don't see any of the buttons for it in my checkout. PayPal is there.. but no braintree. I will admit there has been a very long time since i installed anything. But what else do i need to do so my customers can use it ? Please help.

My website is
    missingcord.com

my host is
    dreamhost.

php version is 5.2

I installed my version of zencart from a fast install with dreamhost.

I am using a modified version of the classic template

My Database: MySQL 5.1.56-log
    Last edited by jasonshanks; 22 Feb 2014 at 04:32 AM. Reason: grammer errors

Plugin Contributions

Try this:
    Go into your includes/configure.php and ADMIN/includes/configure.php files and make sure you have the SSL turn on...if done correctly when you click login it should go to https, also it looks like your certificate was good from 9/17/2011 -> 9/17/2012. So you may need a new certificate or your new one installed (this also means you need a dedicated IP, dreamhost is around $5/month)

Does that help?

Thanks,
    Larry

Plugin Contributions

Will try it out now, thank you so much for your fast reply. I hope i am smart enough to get this sorted out with your directions :)

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I went to dreamhost and have requested a updated SSL , they say its on order. I also went to add a dedicated IP, they are giving me a IPv6 for free . Will be back as soon as all that is setup. Thank you so much for your help. I will try to keep up . Its funny how you can have everything up and working and then not mess with it for a long time , only to find you have forgotten how to tinker with it.
    Last edited by jasonshanks; 22 Feb 2014 at 03:37 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Alright SSL is setup with dreamhost. I already have a dedicated IP from dreamhost it seems.

I set enable SSL in both configure.php files and i now get this message when i go to admin veiw

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/prissweb/MISSINGCORD/************/includes/application_top.php on line 22

What dose this mean ?

In includes/configure.php

I changed
    define('ENABLE_SSL', 'false');
    I made it
    define('ENABLE_SSL', 'true');

and in In admin/includes/configure.php

I changed
    define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');
    define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN', 'false');

I made it
    define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true');
    define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN', 'true');

What did i do wrong ? Why am i getting that message ? Please help

Plugin Contributions

When i open /includes/application_top.php with notepad++ line 22 is

set_magic_quotes_runtime(0);

Not sure what i need to change here. I set SSL to true in both configuration.php files . not sure what i am missing here.

Plugin Contributions

okay looks like i need to patch my version of zen cart according to this thread. I will try this now and do a full upgrade once i get everything running with the module.

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?149603-Deprecated-FUNCTION-set_magic_quotes_runtime

Plugin Contributions

wow its been a long day. I seems i sorta have braintree working. Just doing some tweaking now. Larry thank you so much for your help so far.

I installed the braintree 1.1.0 , via copying it over via ftp. I then installed it via the payment modules page.
    check*

My sites SSL , has been renewed
    check*

I enabled SSL in both the configuration.php files in (includes/) and (admin/includes/
    check*

"I then started to get the "deprecated" error message when i tried to load the site admin in https. So i did a forum post and found out it was due to my older version of zencart not working right with PH 5.3. I learned that the fix was either a full upgrade or the patch located on the forum. I used the patch and copied the files over via ftp. The only file that gave me issues was the one for the PayPal module. It would cause a loop on the checkout page between 2 and 3. I kept the old one and it seems to work fine."

Error message fixed with the patch.
    check*

After my customers sign up for an account after hitting the checkout button they see this

I ran a test buy with a visa vanilla card . Braintree shows the purchase on my account page there. But i didn't get a email confirmation with the email i signed up with.

Is my screen shot of braintree how its suppose to look ? I noticed danielosko's screen shot shows the little credit card images.

Plugin Contributions

it looks like he is using Fast & Easy Checkout (Which I recommend) and then there is a modification in the braintree module to show the images with that....

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast