Plugin Contributions

Default Temporary Account Creation

Hi,

I apologise if this question has been answered before. I searched, but couldn't seem to find it.

In my Paypal Express settings (Admin->Modules->Payment>PayPal Express Checkout) I have "Express Checkout: Automatic Account Creation" set to "No".

However, when I complete a transaction using Paypal Express, I still get the "To complete your order, a temporary account was created" text and a "Log Off" button.

I do not wish a temporary account to be created. What do I need to do in order to prevent temporary account creation and to prevent this text and button from appearing on the Checkout Success page?

Thanks.

Zen Cart v1.5.1

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Temporary Account Creation

The temporary account is needed by the system in order to complete the transaction.
    The Setting you mention refers to whether the account should be permanent or temporary. Setting it to "no" makes it non-permanent, ie: temporary, and prevents the generation of a "new customer welcome email" from being sent, and other benefits offered to new customers.

You said you wanted the Log Off button removed, but if you do that then returning customers won't have the ability to safeguard their account by logging off. So, probably not a good idea to do that.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

As DrByte pointed out, the temporary account creation is necessary to complete the transaction.

However, you could modify the file includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/checkout_success.php this way:

define('TEXT_CHECKOUT_LOGOFF_GUEST', 'NOTE: ....say what you want the customer to see.... ');

and leave the Log Off button.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the replies.