Plugin Contributions

Default Suddenly my site gives 500 error when upload product images to /image

We finally launched our modified Zen Cart v1.5.0 website and it worked flawlessly until Today. I went to add some more products and I either get an Error 500 when I hit PREVIEW, or I get no product image at all. I can upload the image to the /image folder directly via FTP, but it is MUCH slower to add product that way. I checked and re-checked that all of my permissions are 777 and verfiied the /image folder is in my configuration.php file. I recently installed some plug-ins, and am thinking that they may be the source, but alas, I don't remember all that I installed. I have a backup that I do every week, but I don't want to erase and copy my backup because I will loose customer information and sales info.
    I also looked in my /cache folder, but none of the files in there are the right date and time, so it isn't being logged as an error.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Suddenly my site gives 500 error when upload product images to /image

Does this happen with EVERY image? What exactly is the filename you're using? There are some "special" words that are disallowed by some webservers running mod_security, and if those words are used in any submitted data, then a 500 error will trigger for security protection reasons.

So, if you're using words in your uploaded filenames (or your product names or product descriptions) such as SELECT or INSERT or DELETE or several other SQL statement words, then it's unsurprising that you're encountering server errors.
    Hence the question asking you what are the actual filenames you're using?

Other reading: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...l-server-error

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Suddenly my site gives 500 error when upload product images to /image

Yes, unfortunaty EVERY image of every file type. Jpg, gif and png.

One file is a simple name btm15slice.jpg and that didn't work.

It is very confusing since it workes a few weeks ago. Only plug-in I know I installed was the contest plug-in, I had to delete the main file for that because it wouldn't allow my main page to open up at all. I didn't erase the other files for it, maybe I will have to hunt those down and manually delete them?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Hitech9459 View Post
    I had to delete the main file for that because it wouldn't allow my main page to open up at all.
    Probably just needed to fix the error it was causing: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

As for your image upload problem, chances are your server is encountering a system error when trying to load the page that does the image uploading. You can see the cause of it in the server error logs as explained in this FAQ article I mentioned already: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...l-server-error You will have to work with your hosting company to gain access to the Apache logs in order to determine the cause of the 500 Internal Server Error

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Erased every trace on contect plug-in, didn't help.

I don't always get an Error 500, probably 25% of the time. The rest of the time I just get the default no image picture for my image (since it was never uploaded to my host (godaddy (I know I know, but it is what I have)). I guess I can call them and see what they say, but I know their answer. ahhh I dunno....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Hitech9459 View Post
    I checked and re-checked that all of my permissions are 777
    That's all very well, other than the fact that these permissions are considered too lax by many servers and will actually *cause* the '500 server error'.

775 or 755 is generally a better/safer choice.

Cheers
    Rod