Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Creating another admin account

Looking... looking... where has Admin Settings gone in 1.5? Used to be under Tools. I need to create a second admin account.

And, I am finding that if I try to log into Admin from any computer or device except my own, I get asked to log back in repeatedly - after clicking anything. Haven't come across this before in previous versions. What could it be?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Creating another admin account

There's a separate category of options called Admin Access Management, at the same level of Tools.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jenpen View Post
    And, I am finding that if I try to log into Admin from any computer or device except my own, I get asked to log back in repeatedly - after clicking anything.
    This probably won't be fixed with the creation of a new admin. If you are not falling victim to the timeout in 1.5.x, then there is some other reason for the connection drop.

Plugin Contributions

stevesh, there's no "Admin Access Management" in my Admin, either at the Tools level or under it. What has gone wrong?

Plugin Contributions

dbltoe, I'm not clear what you mean. It sounds like I am falling victim to a timeout in 1.5.1. Is this a known bug? What to do?

Plugin Contributions

Then it sounds like you haven't installed/upgraded to the latest version completely, or the installation went wrong. Is this a clean 1.5 installation or an upgrade from a previous version ?

Plugin Contributions

Clean 1.5.1 installation. Sounds like it missed a file, but I can't see how. Any advice?

Plugin Contributions

Try re-uploading all the admin files and folders, overwriting what's there.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Since v1.5.0, the admin menu options are all stored in the database. Whether a certain menu or menu option displays is based on the settings you've selected in the admin-user-profile you've assigned to the currently-logged-in admin user.

So, re-uploading files is very unlikely to magically make "more" admin menu options show up. The ONLY way that would make any difference is if you've uploaded an outdated plugin that replaces admin files formerly used for drawing the old file-based admin menu.

But, since you said this is a brand new clean installation, none of your symptoms make sense. In that case, since it's a clean site with nothing added to it, wipe out the entire site and start over. That will rebuild the database which appears to be damaged. And since it's a clean new install there's nothing lost by starting over.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Dr Byte. Your advice scares me a little as I have dicked around with the theme a lot - and yes I used file over-rides but still...

So before I wipe the site and start again, I redownloaded v1.5.1 from ZC and re-uploaded the whole Admin directory. No difference. There is the usual " The Admin Activity Log table has records over 2 months old " (I know I said it's a new site but the client had to pull out for a few months for her own reasons so it's just been sitting there for a while). But when I click RESET I get an error:

Not Found

The requested URL /xxxxxxx/FILENAME_ADMIN_ACTIVITY.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Does that help diagnose the problem?

I have also installed the following add-ons: easypopulate, aupost, image handler 4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast