Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Creating another admin account

FILENAME_ADMIN_ACTIVITY.php means that the correct filename definition for this function was not picked up, probably because it is not defined or the definition could not be reached. If this is some of the data stored in the database as DrByte mentioned, it would indicate db corruption.

Plugin Contributions

And I'm still not sure if that time-out problem (if that's what it is) is related to this. The reason I wanted to create a second admin account is that I want to hand over to the client and the admin account I have been using kept timing out on her computer. Every time she opens a new page, or even selects an item in a dropdown menu in the admin, she gets asked to log back in. Again and again and again. We tried three different devices in her house. Same problem. She rang an friend in another town and asked them to try. Same problem.

But I do not have the problem on my computer or on another computer in my house or on my tablet (not networked). What could it be?

Plugin Contributions

If you are getting FILENAME_ADMIN_ACTIVITY.php, you do have a real problem whether in database or files, and you need to correct it. It is unlikely to be the only symptom, just the only one you are currently aware of. Getting this corrected may or may not help the "timeout", but it is not possible to tell without trying. Also, the "timeout" as you describe it is not based on time but on actions, and must have some cause related to a file/db malfunction or corruption. It might be possible that interaction of the server/site and local devices is causing the issue, but diagnosing that would require significant expertise.

Plugin Contributions

So it's sounding like a total wipe and reinstall - files and DB, everything? Or can I leave the DB as is for now? I have easypopulate so can download and reupload products.

Plugin Contributions

You previously replaced the admin files, right? It is probably the database that has issues, so leaving that is unlikely to allow your problems to be resolved. Exporting all products and whatever else you can, then wiping and replacing the db may be your best bet. I would want an expert opinion on it before doing anything drastic.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The FILENAME_ADMIN_ACTIVITY.php message is a result of your /includes/filenames.php being outdated. And if that file is outdated (or has been damaged by plugins installed), then I'd be bothered, and would either do a complete site inspection (comparing all server files with originals and fixing all discrepancies, much like an upgrade would involve), or a fresh install after backing up the files I've knowingly changed. Or a combination of the two.

As far as your other administrator having login problems, another admin account wouldn't resolve that. You'll need to fix that by fixing the session problems the site is having. There are FAQ articles for guidance on that topic.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, I wiped the database, deleted all site files, reinstalled, all's good. No time-outs, Admin Access Settings is back. I suspect an old version of Easypopulate was the culprit. Thanks to all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12