Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Express Checkout Error (10002)

I got a bunch of errors when testing out zen cart checkout, and I don't see the downloads next to the products. Where can I find out what the errors mean? Actually, I'm not sure if they're all errors or some are messages. Here's some of it: termEC-8 termEC-3 Alert Paypal Express Checkout Error (10002) getLineItemDetails8 termEC-1
    ec_step1 - 2 -submit and many more. Where do I find what these mean and how to fix them if necessary?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal express errors

Post the complete error message(s)
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Getting a very similar message on lilyrosegifts.biz in ZenCart 1.5.1

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The PayPal account authentication settings are not yet set up, or the API security information is incorrect. We are unable to complete your transaction. Please notify the store owner so they can correct this problem. (10002) 10002 Security error - Security header is not valid

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrosegifts View Post
    Getting a very similar message on lilyrosegifts.biz in ZenCart 1.5.1

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The PayPal account authentication settings are not yet set up, or the API security information is incorrect. We are unable to complete your transaction. Please notify the store owner so they can correct this problem. (10002) 10002 Security error - Security header is not valid
    Although it may be "a very similar message" it isn't the same error message, and as such, will have a different cause and solution.

The OP's problem is difficult to answer due to a lack of relevant information. On the other hand, your error message is pretty darn specific.
    The PayPal account authentication settings are not yet set up, or the API security information is incorrect

So, I have two questions for you.
    1) Have the PayPal authentication settings been set up? and
    2) Is the API security information correct?

The one you answer 'no' to, is the thing you need to do to get it to function. :)

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Just in case it might save someone else an hour if they are Googling this error.....

If you are copy-pasting the API signature code, it is easy to leave some old text behind when you double click on the existing one. Make sure the box is empty before you paste.

Plugin Contributions

I'm getting the same error as RodG:

IPN, API and SSL is all installed and configured. the two configure.php files have a "true" setting on SSL. I don't know what "Paypal account authentication settings are not yet set up" means. Does this refer to IPN or can someone tell me what this is?

karine

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by karine View Post
    I'm getting the same error as RodG:

IPN, API and SSL is all installed and configured. the two configure.php files have a "true" setting on SSL. I don't know what "Paypal account authentication settings are not yet set up" means. Does this refer to IPN or can someone tell me what this is?

karine
    Please don't post the same question in multiple threads. It often leads to confusion as to what is being done.

Plugin Contributions

SOLUTION!!

Review your API information for a sixth time. As said elsewhere in this forum, you can add an extra space or delete a character. and when you come back to view your payment module, things can alter. In my case, the API signature-username appeared twice, so when I did one of my redos, although I had a blank text field, the former username was there but not visible. It was only when I left the payment module and returned back to it later for another try that the double username appeared.

When I called PayPal web services tech support (they are very helpful), they said the "Error 10002 Security header is not valid" is always an API information issue. Something has been incorrectly typed.

dbltoe helped me by saying to check with the web host that the ports are all correctly open since Paypal seemed not to be able to connect to our store. Ports were good, so next step was to call PayPal and ask them if there was a problem from their end to connect to our store. PayPal support person immediately checked the store and got the same warning box mentioned above. This led PayPal tech support to say that there was an API information issue. And the rest is history!

Plugin Contributions

I fixed it by reinstalling my "API Signature -- Signature Code" again and again and... It did not want to take my paste, triple check it.

Plugin Contributions

ALERT: PayPal Express Checkout Error (10002)

i have multiple web sites before an year all of them working fine but since one year one site works fine and two sites always giving same error as above
    i tried every thing it works on or two transaction then again error 10002 all the web sites have same API credential somany times reenter credintial
    never get enough help from paypal and niether zencart threaads were enogh help full
    any idea
    log

2019-09-12 01:48:39
    -------------------
    (live transaction) --> https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp
    Request Headers:
    Array
    (
    [0] => Content-Type: text/namevalue
    [1] => X-VPS-Timeout: 90
    [2] => X-VPS-VIT-Client-Type: PHP/cURL
    [3] => X-VPS-VIT-Integration-Product: PHP::Zen Cart(R) - PayPal/NVP
    [4] => X-VPS-VIT-Integration-Version: 1.5.5
    )

Request Parameters: {SetExpressCheckout}
    Array
    (
    [PAYMENTREQUEST_0_CURRENCYCODE] => CAD
    [LOCALECODE] => FR
    [GIFTMESSAGEENABLE] => 0
    [GIFTRECEIPTEENABLE] => 0
    [GIFTWRAPENABLE] => 0
    [GIFTWRAPNAME] =>
    [GIFTWRAPAMOUNT] => 0
    [BUYEREMAILOPTINENABLE] => 0
    [CUSTOMERSERVICENUMBER] => 905 457 6605
    [BRANDNAME] => azsurplus.ca
    [PAYMENTREQUEST_0_PAYMENTACTION] => Sale
    [ALLOWNOTE] => 1
    [LANDINGPAGE] => Billing
    [NOSHIPPING] => 0
    [ADDROVERRIDE] => 1
    [PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTONAME] => Mxxxxx Oxxxx Cxxxxx
    [PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET] => xxxxxxxxx [PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET2] => xxxxxxxxxxxx [PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCITY] => PESSAC
    [PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOZIP] => xxxxxx
    [PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTATE] => xxxxxxx
    [PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE] => xx
    [PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOPHONENUM] =>
    [EMAIL] => [email protected]
    [PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT] => 28.01
    [RETURNURL] => https://azsurplus.ca/ipn_main_handler.php?type=ec&zenid=849bec26ab7bbb043d18945a7a315ab4
    [CANCELURL] => https://azsurplus.ca/index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping&ec_cancel=1&zenid=849bec26ab7bbb043d18945a 7a315ab4
    [PAGESTYLE] => Primary
    [METHOD] => SetExpressCheckout
    [USER] => 1000inone_api1.gmail.com
    [PWD] => ************
    [s*c(a] =>
    [VERSION] => 124.0
    [SIGNATURE] => ****************************************************2wwP
    )

Response:
    Array
    (
    [TIMESTAMP] => 2019-09-12T17:48:39Z
    [CORRELATIONID] => f5dc0b701029f
    [ACK] => Failure
    [VERSION] => 0.000000
    [BUILD] => 53497452
    [L_ERRORCODE0] => 10002
    [L_SHORTMESSAGE0] => Security error
    [L_LONGMESSAGE0] => Security header is not valid
    [L_SEVERITYCODE0] => Error
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

SetExpressCheckout, Elapsed: 341ms -- Failure

TIMESTAMP=2019%2d09%2d12T17%3a48%3a39Z&CORRELATIONID=f5dc0b701029f&ACK=Failure&V ERSION=0%2e000000&BUILD=53497452&L_ERRORCODE0=10002&L_SHORTMESSAGE0=Security%20e rror&L_LONGMESSAGE0=Security%20header%20is%20not%20valid&L_SEVERITYCODE0=Error&C URL_ERRORS=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast