I'll be uploading a mod to the Plugins area today which adds a sort order field to the Admin - Catalog - Manufacturers page.

This came about while working on a site which sold books, and we decided to use the manufacturers function for authors. Since the Manufacturers sidebox is sorted alphabetically by default, we would have had to list the authors like this: Abbey, Michael - Anderson, Lynn - Aston, James. We thought it would be better to specify a sort order for each and list them as Michael Abbey - Lynn Anderson, etc.

You can install this mod in a site with existing manufacturers and change their sort order by editing their admin entries.

The original edited code was provided by edialedarb, and I added some functionality.

I've tested the mod every way I can think of, so please post any problems or comments you have in this thread. The mod only modifies three files, but if you have installed another thread that also modifies any of the three, you'll need to merge the edits into one file.

Thanks

Steve