Plugin Contributions

Default Request to clarify when an order is paid with combination of GV & PayPal only payment

Please see/refer to this post as well: Wrong-payment-method-asigned-to-orders-when-gift-certificate-is-used

First: Using v1.3.9h of Zen Cart

Problem: If only one payment method is set up, and Gift Certs are setup as well, if a customer pays total balance due with Gift Funds (GV), the payment method still shows the single payment method only, yet it was actually paid for with Gift Funds (or partially with GV). It "should" include the payment method of "Gift Certificate Funds" or whatever the correct verbage is for GV.

Further, there should be a payment method that actually accounts for SPLIT/Combination payment methods, ie, PayPal AND Gift Certs, so in any receipt or My Orders Info pages, the payment method displayed shows that an order was actually paid for by TWO (2) methods, just to be accurate.

EXAMPLE: (as seen in a View Order Details page)

Payment Option:
    Split: Paypal and Gift Certificate
    or
    Combination: Paypal and Gift Certificate Funds

or - If paid 100% by Gift Cert Funds

Gift Certificate Funds

I'm not a core code guru for Zen Cart, but this can be done as it is only logic and programming. The only question is where the code resides to make the appropriate changes to account for split payment methods...

I'll leave it up to the ZC Team to (hopefully) make the changes/fix/enhancement for this.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Request to clarify when an order is paid with combination of GV & PayPal only pay

Is the problem that the GV is redeemed but that there is no chance to now enter how much to Apply to the balance?

If so, see if this update to the ot_gv.php works better ...
    /includes/modules/order_total/ot_gv.php
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Request to clarify when an order is paid with combination of GV & PayPal only pay

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Moonshine View Post
    Further, there should be a payment method that actually accounts for SPLIT/Combination payment methods, ie, PayPal AND Gift Certs, so in any receipt or My Orders Info pages, the payment method displayed shows that an order was actually paid for by TWO (2) methods, just to be accurate.

EXAMPLE: (as seen in a View Order Details page)

Payment Option:
    Split: Paypal and Gift Certificate
    or
    Combination: Paypal and Gift Certificate Funds

or - If paid 100% by Gift Cert Funds

Gift Certificate Funds
    That all already exists:
    a) The GV amount is shown in the Order Totals section of the order, explaining exactly how much was paid using the GV
    b) The final order amount is the amount paid by the Payment Module (whether Credit Card, PayPal, whatever).
    This is the same as if something were discounted by means of a coupon or a group-membership-discount, where the final purchase amount is the actual amount paid by whatever money exchange happened to pay it.
    Last edited by DrByte; 2 Jun 2013 at 04:51 AM. Reason: updated

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: I misunderstood the problem and that update for ot_gv.php will take the GV Redeem code and show the message, staying on checkout_payment and apply the Customer's GV Balance up to the total amount or their full balance if less than the total needed ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Moonshine View Post
    Problem: If only one payment method is set up, and Gift Certs are setup as well, if a customer pays total balance due with Gift Funds (GV), the payment method still shows the single payment method only, yet it was actually paid for with Gift Funds (or partially with GV).
    Confirmed as a bug. Happens to both GV and DC.

Fix: undetermined as yet.

Workaround: While it may not suit everyone, enabling another payment module will prevent those symptoms.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh & DrByte,

Thanks for looking into it and (unfortunately) confirming what I found.

Guess I'm not going crazy after staring at code all weekend long... lol

As for the suggestion of enabling another payment module as a workaround, that is easy enough... But since I don't want it to show as an option during checkout, any suggestions on where and what to / * comment * / out?

I'm currently only using PayPal, so any recommended or preferred payment method to enable and then "hide" during checkout would be good to know. And easy to do, is even better! :^)

If not easy, no worries here. I've dug into the heart of ZC and wrote my own mod to give 4 levels deep for attribute handling and dependencies to provide unique product/sku numbers, inventory/stock levels for clothing/garments to handle variations in Style, Color, Size, and Inseam. Plus handle changing images based on those dependencies with thumbnails and full blown product images. I wrote the Admin back-end so I could easily duplicate/copy a product and populate it based on a Template (or another defined product). Now all I do is click checkboxes to turn on/off attributes in one easy interface. There's more to it, but basically I can output a new product within 20 minutes and this includes creating all 200-300 images for different colors and styles. (Photoshop scripts works wonders!)

Oops! Went off on a tangent... Sorry about that.

Plugin Contributions

Would the problem go away if you have another payment module installed but disabled? Another solution could be to sign up for Paypal Payments Pro so you can accept cards through your site using Paypal as the merchant processor. We use that and not only are the rates low, they dropped our regular Paypal rates to 1.9%, and the monthly fee is very reasonable. And it's nice to have all of our payments in one single account instead of 2. They are 2 separate modules so it would fix that problem, too.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    Would the problem go away if you have another payment module installed but disabled?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    Another solution could be to sign up for Paypal Payments Pro so you can accept cards through your site using Paypal as the merchant processor. We use that ...
    Yes, that's a good option.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You could enable the Check/MoneyOrder module and add this CSS to your stylesheets to suppress it from being displayed. That would cause it to have two modules active, and theoretically bypass the bug you mentioned.
    DISCLAIMER: I've not tested this with any payments or GVs yet. Feel free to post your results :)

Code:
    #pmt-moneyorder, label[for="pmt-moneyorder"], .radioButtonLabel ~ .clearBoth {display: none;}