Plugin Contributions

Default Append "Order Status" to the end of the Order Update Email Subject Line

Hi there,

I'm a first time poster and novice Zen Cart owner. I am trying to edit the subject line of an Order Update email so that it displays the Order Status. Specifically, I want the subject line to include the Order Status "Shipped", which is a notification I send to all customers once their item is put into the post. So the subject line would read: "Order Update #100: Shipped". How can I append either some fixed text or the Order Status to the end of the Subject Line?

I have seen some posts about changing the term "Order Update" and changing the dynamic text, but nothing about how to add more text to the end of the subject line.

PHP Version 5.3.3
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.18-028stab070.14
    Database: MySQL 5.0.95

Thanks very much!

Ben.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Append "Order Status" to the end of the Order Update Email Subject Line

Look for calls to zen_mail() in the /admin/orders.php file. You'll have to change the code there.
    And, since you'll be changing core code, you'll need to redo the same again when you upgrade. ... and if you're really using v1.3.8a as you said when you posted this, you REALLY need to upgrade ASAP!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Append "Order Status" to the end of the Order Update Email Subject Line

Great, thanks very much, I'll look into this. I'll also look into upgrading.