Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cannot edit in admin panel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02 sql rh.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	12637 This is middle of screen right side.

Do you need to see all lines?

Plugin Contributions

No ...

So far, things are not looking good ...

What comes up if your run in the SQL:
    SELECT * FROM mmb_product_type_layout WHERE set_function LIKE '%mmb%';
    and if you run:
    SELECT * FROM mmb_product_type_layout WHERE use_function LIKE '%mmb%';
    I do not need to see them, just need to know if any rows come up from the table:
    mmb_product_type_layout
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Before I check your latest post, I noticed that in the configuration screen of the admin panel that country and zone are blank. The three entries that are above that, I can edit. The entries below cannot be edited. The edit screen goes away. Here is a screen shot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	config my store.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	12638

I was searching the forum and from an earlier post, you had someone type in STORE_NAME into the developers tool box, top line to see what happens. I did that for the top three lines and everything looked ok. When I typed in COUNTRY or ZONE, I got error messages. No matching configuration keys were found. Could this be part of the problem? The country and zone used to be there if I remember correctly.

Plugin Contributions

You mentioned in the beginning, that you had changed hosting providers ...

How did your database get installed from your old hosting provider's server to your new hosting provider server?

Did they do the transfer for you or did you import all of your data for your database or how was this done?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

The first string comes back with 134 rows, the second string comes back nothing.

Plugin Contributions

I hired a computer guy (local) to do it. He is not good about answering my emails. Just got married and works another full time job. My oldest daughter knows him and says he is very intelligent. I could ask him your questions and wait for an answer.
    I noticed in the manual that I downloaded when I set up the store in the beginning, that you need to enter the country and zone for things to work properly. Problem is, that can't be done.

Plugin Contributions

The fields that we have been looking at that have the:
    mmb_

in them in the two database tables as functions that the code needs to run various things about the data and managing editing/updating etc.

So where all those mmb_somethings are, they should all be zen_somethings that are the real functions in Zen Cart code ...

So what is happening is where those functions need to be run, they are calling the wrong functions and this is making everything appear to be broken ...

The problem is, how far reaching is the issue and whether or not there are other issues here ...

Has your site been Live since moving to the new hosting provider? Or are you just trying to get things working at this point?

I am hoping your computer guy has a good copy of your database from your old hosting provider or from before everything broke ...

While I might be able to give you 4 commands to run in the SQL to fix all of this, I do not know if that would ensure the integrity of your data ... so, I am rather hoping you can get a hold of your computer guy before we try anything like that to attempt to fix your database, unless there are no other possible alternatives of getting the database loaded with 100% good data ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Yes, the site has been live since the transfer and I have had an order. I don't have a lot of products so if push comes to shove, I guess that I could just redo the whole thing.

Plugin Contributions

I am not keen on this being the only solution, as other data could also be corrupt, but you can try it ...

Backup your database then runn these 4 SQL commands:
    update mmb_configuration set set_function = replace(set_function,'mmb_','zen_');

update mmb_configuration set use_function = replace(use_function,'mmb_','zen_');

update mmb_product_type_layout set set_function = replace(set_function,'mmb_','zen_');

update mmb_product_type_layout set use_function = replace(use_function,'mmb_','zen_');
    Otherwise, you may have to start from scratch if your computer guy is unable to restore your original backup of your database ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Not knowing a whole lot about computers, php, sql's, and all the other lingo, as nervous as I was about doing this, guess what??? IT WORKED!!! Thank you so much for your time and trouble, it even populated the country of origin in the configuration dropdown menu where it was blank before. I guess time will tell if other parts are corrupted or not.
    I guess I owe you a "cup o' coffee" (donation).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast