Plugin Contributions

help question Problem Loading Page error

not sure what has changed on my computer only but at home i can get to the site and admin just fine. at work, i can get to the login screen and when i try to log in it will time out. hit refresh and it logs in. pages will be fine for 2 to 3 clicks then boom takes 30 seconds to do anything and i get a time out error. same with browsing the website, works then it dont. again this is only on my computer where i am mostly to do the editing.

symantec endpoint is disabled
    windows firewall was disabled

not having any luck and go daddy says the site is fine, which is does work anywhere else. anyone have any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem Loading Page error

Check that your work network is allowing connections - firewall rules etc
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

the firewall is off on both the server and my pc. i can get to it on any other computer even the server and it never hangs up. let me know specifically what you think i should check and i will get some screen shots if needed.

tried in both firefox and opera as well with same result. another interesting thing is i used to be able to work in it just fine but i'm not sure what changed....ugh frustrating.

Plugin Contributions

If it functions from other access places then it has got to be something that is different about this place and not a ZenCart issue
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

i understand that its not a zencart issue but wasn't sure if someone knew why this particular computer would be having the issue. especially with the firewall disabled and the anti virus disabled. and the fact at the same facility i can reach zen cart just fine.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kelleymotorsports View Post
    i understand that its not a zencart issue but wasn't sure if someone knew why this particular computer would be having the issue. especially with the firewall disabled and the anti virus disabled. and the fact at the same facility i can reach zen cart just fine.
    For all we know, "this particular computer" could be a C64, in which case, a few timeouts could probably be expected.

More realistically, my 1st guess would be that "this particular computer" (assuming that this is a relatively new problem), is that the computer is being overloaded with malware/adware or similar.
    If thats ok, then perhaps its DNS has been hijacked.

OTOH, the problem could be as simple as a new application has been installed that's eating into your memory, causing a lot of swapping to disk. Again, we have no idea whether "this particular computer" has 2Mb of RAM or 2Gb.

Essentially, what I'm saying here is that there are a lot of possible causes, some legit, some nefarious. We are not in any kind of position to make a remote diagnosis. At best, we can make wild guesses, as I have done.

Cheers
    Rod