Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Add phone to email confirmation---move up

Hello,

I have searched and tried to figure this out myself but not having any luck.

I am using zen cart 1.39H
    https://www.ordersharkhide.com/shop/...age=no_account

On the order confirmation it does put the customers phone number but it is placing that phone number at the very bottom of the confirmation email. Somehow I need to get a copy of that phone number placed at the top of the confirmation email, under the customers address

anyone have any idea how to do this?

Also I have a custom field I added to the registration information (when they enter their billing info) how do I get that on the confirmation email also? In the same spot ideally.

thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add phone to email confirmation---move up

no_account is from some addon that you must have installed

Instead of asking in general questions which is for default code issues

Ask in the support thread for the addon that you have installed
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

@kobra, this question isn't related to the plugin. It's an inquiry about how to change the functionality of the generated emails, which is built-in functionality.

@timhersh, you can alter the code in the /includes/classes/order.php file, in the send-order-email function near the bottom of the file.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much Dr.Byte

So I opened that file up and see this

zen_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, SEND_EXTRA_NEW_ORDERS_EMAILS_TO_SUBJECT . ' ' . EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT . EMAIL_ORDER_NUMBER_SUBJECT . $zf_insert_id,
    $email_order . $extra_info['TEXT'], STORE_NAME, EMAIL_FROM, $html_msg, 'checkout_extra', $this->attachArray);

I tried adding 'customers_telephone to the list but it didn't work. It looks like I have to change the actual message itself. I see all kinds of arrays but not sure what code to put where.

Ideally I would like the phone number to show up in the Delivery Address area

any idea how to edit that? I'm thinking it might be in this section but not sure what to put

PHP Code:
     $email_order .= "\n" EMAIL_TEXT_BILLING_ADDRESS "\n" .

EMAIL_SEPARATOR "\n" .

zen_address_label($_SESSION['customer_id'], $_SESSION['billto'], 0''"\n") . "\n\n";

$html_msg['ADDRESS_BILLING_TITLE']   = EMAIL_TEXT_BILLING_ADDRESS;

$html_msg['ADDRESS_BILLING_DETAIL']  = zen_address_label($_SESSION['customer_id'], $_SESSION['billto'], true''"<br />"); 

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is this for text-only emails, or for HTML-formatted emails?
    You said you want to move things around. Why? What problem are you trying to solve?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply. It is for TEXT emails.

The client wants to only print one sheet. The issue is the current order confirmation takes up two pages. Only thing I really need to do is get the phone number to show up in the 'address' section. if I can get that to happen I'm home free

thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Lemme guess ... the client only uses emails for order fulfillment, and probably doesn't ever update the order information online, and thus the customer can never actually self-serve to find out the status of their order.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, not sure. I know he gets a lot of orders each day and prints out a sheet to give to his production manager. Page 2 only has that admin stuff and all he wants off of it is the phone number. Is it possible? thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It would also be easier to help if they were using a current version of Zen Cart. Digging back into old versions of code is complicated. And when you make edit to core files, such as this request will do, you make it harder to upgrade in the future.

Anyway, add the phone number below the shipping address like this:
    Code:
        if ($this->content_type != 'virtual') {
          $email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DELIVERY_ADDRESS . "\n" .
          EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
          zen_address_label($_SESSION['customer_id'], $_SESSION['sendto'], 0, '', "\n") . "\n";
          $email_order .= $this->customer['telephone'] . "\n";
        }

Plugin Contributions

perfect, thank you very much.

I imagine I can do the same thing for the extra field

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast