Plugin Contributions

Default Two factor authentication for customers?

Hi all,

Is there any way to add two factor authentication for my users? From my understanding Zen Cart only offers support (sort of) for two factor authentication on the admin login. I need it for my users.

I would pay for it, I just don't know where to look.

Thanks,
    VVI

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Two factor authentication?

Correct: Zen Cart currently only offers two-factor authentication for admin logins.

What is the business case behind your request to make customers go through more complicated logins and barriers to purchasing?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Correct: Zen Cart currently only offers two-factor authentication for admin logins.

What is the business case behind your request to make customers go through more complicated logins and barriers to purchasing?
    Thanks for the quick reply Dr. Byte!

My customers are asking me for the two factor authentication. I am selling financial products and they would like for it to be as safe as possible. Do you think it's possible that a PHP developer could implement some sort of authentication during login or is that pie in the sky thinking?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by veryveryinteresting View Post
    Do you think it's possible that a PHP developer could implement some sort of [two-factor] authentication during login ... ?
    Yes, it's possible.
    Be careful that you don't impose it in such a way that prevents your customers from completing checkout without getting distracted and forgetting to complete the sale, else you'll be left with fewer sales.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Have you given any thought as to how your two factor authentication might work.

e.g. are you looking to do something like google's 2 step verification e.g. http://www.google.com/landing/2step/#tab=how-it-works

or something else.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wilt View Post
    Hi,

Have you given any thought as to how your two factor authentication might work.

e.g. are you looking to do something like google's 2 step verification e.g. http://www.google.com/landing/2step/#tab=how-it-works

or something else.
    Yes, I am planning on using Google Authenticator. I have been learning how Zen Cart creates sessions and how the login / account creation process works so that I can implement it correctly. Have you done this before?

Plugin Contributions

My apologies if this is posted elsewhere, but I've been searching and can't find it.

Can you point me to where I can learn about how to get two-factor authentication running for the admin page (Google Authenticator?)? You guys mentioned that it's available, I just can't find it. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In your ZC /docs/ folder (if you don't have it, download a fresh zip from the home page link at www.zen-cart.com) there is a file named ImplementationGuide.pdf which has a section (I think it's section 10) which talks about how to implement 2-factor authentication for the Admin.