Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Panel the product description box is blank after upgrade to 1.5

Hello I up graded my site from 1.38 to 1.5.1 since the upgrade sales dropped dramatically to almost 0

In the back end Admin Panel the product description box is blank yet product descriptions show for the products on the main web site fine?

I cant change or edit any information in Admin Panel for Define Pages Editor or Ezy Pages all the description boxes are blank yet the information is showing on the main web site? Such as the front/main page, contact us etc?

Meta Tag descriptions in Admin blank some show and some don't?

When i place a description in for a product in Admin i get Capital A's all over the place?

I did previously have a Pay Pal issue that's why i upgraded the site to 1.5 but this was resolved by a new IP address.

My site has not functioned correctly since the upgrade to 1.5.1

Should i go back to the old version 1.38 or does any one have a solution please? Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Panel the product description box is blank after upgrade to 1.5

It sounds as though you have made errors in your merges during upgrade.
    The A's you are seeing sound like utf-8 issues.

Carefully check all your merges, be sure to check any files in custom folders against the vanilla files from default folders.
    Save any language files as utf-8, without BOM.
    Don't change the reference to utf-8 in the 1.5.1 english.php
    Run Dr Bytes MySQL-latin1-to-UTF8-Converter script, available from downloads i believe, that will update your db to utf8.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Panel the product description box is blank after upgrade to 1.5

Can i re install the old back up i have of 1.3 i have because i have no idea what any of this means.

Is this possible just to go back to the old version that was working really well? and how would i do this?

Plugin Contributions

First of all, the 1.3.8a that you came from is known to have several vulnerabilities. Going back to that is not recommended.

Secondly, while it seems that there's no light at the end of the tunnel other than a train, these things are often fixed more simply than one might think. I for one would like to know more about your installation. Answering some of the posting tips could help. What mods are installed on this cart? Are you in the root or a subdirectory? Have your SEO "experts" done any link rewriting?

Thirdly, what part of editing the files are you having problems with? Finding them or editing them?

Lastly, have you also looked in your log files for any clues? https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    Last edited by dbltoe; 25 Jun 2013 at 01:54 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Hello yes have read the posting tips and tried to look at some things but i have no idea how to do any of the file stuff' My son is up with a lot of things but says he cant find the problem and why the site is failing. I have tried to find some one who works on zen carts but they want to much money to take a look and help me.

I have over 1000 pages in 403 error - Google cant access my site - and define pages information such as shipping, main page etc in my admin is all missing all this happened after the upgrade!

I have no idea what the SEO are doing they didn't even know Google was not accessing my site!

I have shut them out and stopped paying them since the upgrade months ago i have made no sales!

Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Guys, I'm trying to do this as i'm missing descriptions for products in the admin backend, I've done as much as I can understand based on the instructions but I cannot get the descriptions back.

My english.php has @setlocale(LC_TIME, 'en_US'); (as does my template override version)
    should this be set to something else to revert back to ISO8859-1? I'm pretty sure my server is linux based. I'm also trying to fix this at work but all my backups of previous version are on my home pc so I can't check the files.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Very true DrByte, although it should be pointed out, as we don't know the level of knowledge the OP has, that the utf-8/iso-8859-1 point won't be the cause of a bunch of blank boxes in admin. Of course, if sensei knows better, i will stand corrected :)

Plugin Contributions

Hello

OK so i feel it will be best to re install the old back up i have of 1.3 i have because i have no idea what any of this means.

Is this possible just to go back to the old version that was working really well? and how would i do this?
    Last edited by Balloonalicious; 22 Jun 2013 at 10:55 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Web master tools also says Googlebot can't access your site so i guess this is why no sales for me?

I don't know what my SEO company is getting paid to do if they don't already know this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast