Plugin Contributions

Default currency problem - store is opening in USD when I set my default to GBP

Hi all, I seem to be having a problem with my currency. I have set up GBP as my default currency within localization on admin panel. When I view a product within the back end it displays the price with a pound sign £, however when I view the product on the website it still displays the item with a dollar instead.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: currency problem - store is opening in USD when I set my default to GBP

Your english.php language file probably still has the DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY set to USD.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: currency problem - store is opening in USD when I set my default to GBP

I have this problem the opposite way round with v155.

The store's default currency is USD. The DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is set to GBP in /includes/languages/english.php, /includes/languages/mytemplate/english.php and in myadmin/includes/languages/english.php

'switch to default language currency' is set to True

But the default currency visitors see is USD.

You may think it odd that I want the store default to be different to the customers default; the reason is that this store sells in GBP but buys in USD and they want any changes in exchange rates to be immediately reflected in their prices.

How can I force the prices to be shown in GBP?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    I have this problem the opposite way round with v155.

The store's default currency is USD. The DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is set to GBP in /includes/languages/english.php, /includes/languages/mytemplate/english.php and in myadmin/includes/languages/english.php

'switch to default language currency' is set to True

But the default currency visitors see is USD.

You may think it odd that I want the store default to be different to the customers default; the reason is that this store sells in GBP but buys in USD and they want any changes in exchange rates to be immediately reflected in their prices.

How can I force the prices to be shown in GBP?

Actually, you simply set the "default currency" (in Localization->Currencies) to be GBP instead of USD

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.