Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Email Error: Message rejected for restricted from domain

Not receiving emails from contact form. I get the following error message from my email host: Please advise how to fix this. Thank you.

The original message was received at Fri, 21 Jun 2013 08:27:01 -0700
    from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <vintagepalace######################>
    (reason: 550 sid:r3T11l0064pLs0801:Message rejected for restricted from domain)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    ... while talking to relay-hosting.secureserver.net:
    >>> MAIL From:<vintagepalace######################> SIZE=1369
    <<< 550 sid:r3T11l0064pLs0801:Message rejected for restricted from domain
    554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Final-Recipient: RFC822; vintagepalace######################
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 sid:r3T11l0064pLs0801:Message rejected for restricted from domain
    Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 08:27:01 -0700

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    To: vintagepalace######################
    Cc:
    Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 08:27:01 -0700
    Subject: Website Inquiry from Vintage Palace
    Email: andrew.reach######################

------------------------------------------------------

test

------------------------------------------------------

Office Use Only:
    Email: andrew.reach######################
    Login Name: Not logged in
    Login Email: Not logged in
    IP Address: 75.10.146.53 - 75.10.146.53
    Host Address: adsl-75-10-146-53.dsl.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net
    Date and Time: Fri Jun 21 2013 8:27:01 MST

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Error: Message rejected for restricted from domain

This looks like a problem you'll need to take up with your host. It looks like their mail servers aren't recognising your domain name for some reason.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Email Error: Message rejected for restricted from domain

I'm having the same issue using the Winchester Responsive add-on template. I have two Zen Carts, each with a different add-on template, and everything is working fine in both of them with the exception that the Contact Form e-mails me the same error as the user described above in just the Winchester Responsive shopping cart. It e-mails this message to my admin e-mail address along with the message from my customer, but it is very odd to receive a Returned Mail message when I should just be receiving the e-mail from the contact form from the customer without any returned mail message. I do not think it is a problem with my host since the contact form is working in my other Zen Cart using the same host. Any ideas, please?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    I have two Zen Carts, each with a different add-on template,
    I think this is the key - do you have 2 separate site on 2 different domains? Or subdomains? Are your email settings correct? From what I know, a template has nothing to do with the email process (especially not Anne's templates which are built properly as opposed to templatemonster and similar). So, IOW, it's the site causing your problems, not the template. What happens if you switch to classic template, do you still have the same problem? Test it in case you haven't...

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Email Error: Message rejected for restricted from domain

Yikes! When I go to the Classic template, it doesn't even send the message. I get this message (in red) on the screen, "ENTRY_EMAIL_SUBJECT_CHECK_ERROR." What files do I need to re-upload to fix this contact form error? Everything else is working perfectly, and I'm not sure how these files got corrupted but something must have. My other website is on another domain and everything about that one works perfectly. It's just this new install on this domain that I am having problems with. Thanks for any advice on how to correct it. And, yes, both of Anne's templates have been wonderful....I just wanted to give as much info as possible to help someone help me solve the problem! :-)

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Email Error: Message rejected for restricted from domain

P.S. When I put it back to Winchester Responsive template and refreshed the page, it just looks like the subject line wasn't being asked for on the Contemporary one and is being asked for in the Winchester one, so maybe that isn't the issue. But there is still a problem with sending that contact form, as mentioned initially.

Plugin Contributions

Well, the subject line isn't a standard part of Zen Cart's contact page. I'm not familiar with that template, but it seems the subject line was added. Anyway, this is completely irrelevant because the issue has absolutely nothing to do with your template. It's either a bad configuration in your admin->Configuration->E-mail Settings, or it's something with your server.
    Are you by any chance on a godaddy server?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As balihr says, the feature you're quoting (that particular subject line) isn't part of current core Zen Cart code, so the problem will be with one or more of the following:

a) additional email code changes added by you and/or plugins and/or code added to page modules with your template
    b) your server's own configuration (if yours is saying "from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]" like the first poster above did, then you're using PHP as your email transport method, and your PHP is misconfigured. So, switch to SMTPAUTH and provide SMTP credentials in the Email Options screen, so your emails are sent authenticated from your real email server, and not from your ZC webserver.)
    c) or other settings you've adjusted in the Email Options screen that are not compatible with your server's internal configuration

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Email Error: Message rejected for restricted from domain

Thank you both. I was trying to have the form sent to a Hotmail address. As soon as I tried a non-Hotmail e-mail address, it worked perfectly. I just tried that now and then came here to update in case it would help someone else and saw your replies. For now, I am going to consider it solved! Thanks! :-)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Ya, when you use 3rd-party email services, you're going to run into those kinds of problems, especially since Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail became more strict recently.

And, since your customers really will recognize your email more accurately when it comes from "you@your_domain.com", you really should be using an email address for your store's domain whenever possible. You won't have authentication issues if you do it that way

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast