Hi,

We need to be able to do reference transactions in Paypal. Currently this is not working for us. After a long time researching, Paypal has gotten back to us with the following solution:

You have a Payflow Pro 2.0 account but your integration on Zencart is a Website Payments Pro 3.0 account integration.

Thought 3.0 integrations work with 2.0 accounts, it only allows regular payments. Reference transactions don’t work.
Hence as a solution, we have 2 options:

1) Change the integration on Zencart to Payflow Pro. I would suggest asking your web master to install “Payflow Pro” module on your Zencart. Make sure you take back up of your existing cart and then do the installation. In case the new module doesn’t work, we can revert back the cart to how it is working now. I couldn’t find much information on your specific version but I found this on the Zencart website. I think the plugin should still work for your version.

http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=212

Or

2) Change the account from 2.0 to 3.0. Account change will require you to create a new account altogether and close this one.

We are thinking we should try installing the Payflow Pro module first; however I just wanted to get feedback on here to make sure this is a valid option and will not cause problems with the current Paypal modules we have installed (Payments Standard, Payments Pro, Express), especially since the Payflow pro module is from 2010 for version 1.3.9 and we are on 1.5.0.

Thank you!