Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer can't login with valid email & password

Quote Originally Posted by LindeeG View Post
    WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

Refreshing just regenerates the error page. Am I missing something else? Any other tips? I'm rather at an impasse here. I've messed with this last step all day and I'm feeling like those little old ladies who can't log in.

Thanks for any advice,

Lindee
    Can you post the error message(s)?

You find them in your /cache folder (prior to 1.5.1) or your /logs folder (for 1.5.1)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In your other post you said you were getting messages about mismatched versions and needing to upgrade.

That tells me that your PHP files are for Version A, but your database is for version B (or vice-versa)

So, either your "restore" didn't bring back *both* the database *and* the files, or you've got your configure.php DB_XXXXX settings pointing to the wrong database or wrong prefix.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Oh and when I install a virgin version of 1.39d in another folder, it can see the restored new db just fine.

Lindee

Plugin Contributions

You lost me there.

When I do the install with 1.5.1, create a database, then restore from a copy of the working version from my active 1.3.9d store, I get the message I need to update (which there is no option for) but when I install a virgin 1.3.9d version, create a new database, do the restore from the same file, it works perfectly. Both happen when I do not change the config file on either version. If I change the config file for 1.5.1 so the username matches the file I restored from (as you advised in another post), then it doesn't recognize the database.

If it's a PHP A/B thing, how do I fix that? How do I know that's what it is?

Lindee

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LindeeG View Post
    When I do the install with 1.5.1, create a database, then restore from a copy of the working version from my active 1.3.9d store, I get the message I need to update (which there is no option for)...
    If you replace the Zen Cart 1.5.1 database ("demo" store) with the database from Zen Cart 1.3.9d ("live" store)... You need to run "zc_install" again (from the "demo" 1.5.1 store) to upgrade the database. You will get an option to "upgrade" the database as long as your database "prefix" is the same in both the "live" and "demo" stores. After upgrading the database, you will also want to check / update any Store Settings (in the admin). You may also need to re-install any plugins which alter the database.

P.S. One should not try to selectively drop / add different tables between versions either... 99% of the time it is safer to just say goodbye to the settings and data in your test 1.5.1 store... Replace the database with the older version... And run zc_install to "upgrade" the database to the correct version.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12