Plugin Contributions

Default Which one? Multi Cross Sell vs Ultimate Cross Sell?

Decisions Decisions.....

Can any one offer any input about these 2 plug in modules...which one to go for?

I am not sure from the features listed that the Multi Cross also has Up Sell like Ultimate Cross Sell, and if this feature works well in conversions?

I am also unsure of how the Cross Selling is displayed in the Multi Cross Module, for instance the Ultimate does this by centre boxes as up sell in product pages and cross sell in shopping cart..however I don't see that there is a later module (ultimate version) after 139 so what happens shortly at upgrade time?

I guess the features of the Multi are not clear to me and if the Ultimate Module is now considered limited to older versions of Zen.

Thanks for any advice
    Renz

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Which one? Multi Cross Sell vs Ultimate Cross Sell?

probably not the answer you're looking for but certainly the best solution...
    try installing them both on separate TEST subdomain or even better on localhost. Test and play around with both to see which suits *you* best.
    You mention using 1.3.9 and awaiting latest ZC update, why not upgrade to 1.5.x in the meantime?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Which one? Multi Cross Sell vs Ultimate Cross Sell?

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    probably not the answer you're looking for but certainly the best solution...
    try installing them both on separate TEST subdomain or even better on localhost. Test and play around with both to see which suits *you* best.
    You mention using 1.3.9 and awaiting latest ZC update, why not upgrade to 1.5.x in the meantime?
    You are correct, it was not the answer I was looking for through my questions, I wanted to know a bit more about the modules, and making 2 sub domains, loading both modules seems like a lot of work, if someone was knowledgeable enough to answer some questions about their functions, it would save me a lot .. Just to clarify I am not waiting for the new version of zen cart..but wondered, if I chose ultimate will this work on the latest version of zen cart when I install it shortly..

Thanks
    RR