Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 166
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,030
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Flexible Return Authorization (RMA) for ZC v1.5.x [Support Thread]

    WHAT DOES THIS MODULE DO?

    Flexible Return Authorization is based on the original Returns Authorization by Clyde Jones (http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=288). This module adds a Returns Authorization Request page to your store where your customer can read your returns policy and fill in a form to obtain a return authorization request. The contents of the form are emailed to the store owner. A confirmation e-mail is also sent to the customer.

    Flexible Returns Authorization expands the original Returns Authorization functionality by adding a number of admin configurable options including:

    1. Field display options:
      • Display as Optional
      • Display as Required
      • Do not Display

    2. Error Message Display options:
      • Inline Display
      • Message Stack Display

    3. Show Store Name, Address and Phone for Returns (ship to) on Returns Page
    4. Show Store Name, Address and Phone for Returns (ship to) on Returns Success Page
    5. Show Different Returns (ship to) Address on Returns Success Page
    6. Add RMA link or button to the account History page
    7. Option to have Order Status updated upon RMA Submission
    8. Option to have Order Comments updated upon RMA Submission
    9. Auto Generates RMA# on Success Page for (Logged in Customers) & Visitors


    DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE AT: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1692
    Last edited by DivaVocals; 8 Jul 2013 at 06:21 AM.
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,478
    Plugin Contributions
    10

    Default Re: Flexible Return Authorization (RMA) Support Thread

    Excellent!!! Thanks a lot for sharing this, it sounds like it will be a real advance to the original module. Will it be usable for versions below 1.5.x?

    Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,030
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Re: Flexible Return Authorization (RMA) Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    Excellent!!! Thanks a lot for sharing this, it sounds like it will be a real advance to the original module. Will it be usable for versions below 1.5.x?
    Thanks.. Had LOTS of help putting this together.. rbarbour was the absolute MAN, I'm just the backup singer.. LOL..

    Sorry.. there is no support for Zen Cart versions lower than v1.5.x.. It was quite enough work putting this together and testing for v1.5.x let alone the dev and testing effort it would take to include v1.3.9. Those using Zen Cart versions lower than v1.5.x can always use the original RMA module.
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,478
    Plugin Contributions
    10

    Default Re: Flexible Return Authorization (RMA) Support Thread

    Hmmm, OK, I will look at the code and see what needs to be done to get it to work with versions under 1.5.x. It will probably mainly depend on how much interaction there is with the core code that has changed between 1.3.9 and 1.5.x as well as removing the admin profiles part of it. I will release an updated version once I get it working and tested thoroughly. This mod really streamlines the whole RMA process and eliminates a lot of manual work, I must have it since we do a lot of RMA requests and it gets time consuming. Thanks again to you and rbarbour, too bad he or she has left the forum.

    Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,173
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Flexible Return Authorization (RMA) Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    Hmmm, OK, I will look at the code and see what needs to be done to get it to work with versions under 1.5.x. It will probably mainly depend on how much interaction there is with the core code that has changed between 1.3.9 and 1.5.x as well as removing the admin profiles part of it.
    This version comes complete with an auto installer for v1.5.x (Thank You @DivaVocals). No CORE CODE CHANGES, all the included folders with the exception of the

    ADMIN_FOLDER>AUTO_LOADERS
    ADMIN_FOLDER>INIT_INCLUDES

    can be uploaded to override lower version files.

    DO NOT UPLOAD
    ADMIN_FOLDER>AUTO_LOADERS or ADMIN_FOLDER>INIT_INCLUDES

    for versions lower than 1.5.x

    I will post the required sql file that is needed for lower versions on the original Returns Authorization thread and anyone who wants to submit it > have at it.

    Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    I will release an updated version once I get it working and tested thoroughly. This mod really streamlines the whole RMA process and eliminates a lot of manual work, I must have it since we do a lot of RMA requests and it gets time consuming. Thanks again to you and rbarbour, too bad he or she has left the forum.
    Thank you, I enjoyed working with @DivaVocals on this project and hope their will be many more to come in the future. I (he) hasn't completely left the forums, who can? It a database of zen cart knowledge. I will continue to peak my head in every now and then.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,030
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Re: Flexible Return Authorization (RMA) Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    I will post the required sql file that is needed for lower versions on the original Returns Authorization thread and anyone who wants to submit it > have at it.
    Which is just where I was gonna suggest that this should be posted..
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,030
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Re: Flexible Return Authorization (RMA) Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    Thank you, I enjoyed working with @DivaVocals on this project and hope their will be many more to come in the future.
    Ditto.. glad you will continue to poke your head in..
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,478
    Plugin Contributions
    10

    Default Re: Flexible Return Authorization (RMA) Support Thread

    I suggest keeping it all in this thread instead of spreading it out between threads since that sql file is specific for this mod and isn't relevant (or is it?) to the original RMA mod. If it's only a matter of a different sql file and omitting adding a few new files I recommend rolling that into the release so it's compatible with versions lower than 1.5.x since it seems like functionally and code-wise (and bug-wise) they will be identical and this will then be useful to a wider range of users. I can always repackage it with the new sql file and instructions for installing on lower versions as a new module version release if you don't want to do it.

    Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,173
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Flexible Return Authorization (RMA) Support Thread

    THIS THREAD WILL ONLY SUPPORT FLEXIBLE RETURN AUTHORIZATION (RMA) FOR ZC 1.5.x (hence the title)

    NO SUPPORT will be offered for versions lower than v1.5.x in this support thread.

    This plugin is designed to auto install and go for v1.5.x, anyone using versions lower than v1.5.x, please use the original Returns Authorization thread or (UPGRADE).

    Copying the plugin and / or making it compatible with versions lower than v1.5.x is your choice to do, please keep it separate and maintain it separately in the original Returns Authorization thread.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    10,030
    Plugin Contributions
    32

    Default Re: Flexible Return Authorization (RMA) Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    THIS THREAD WILL ONLY SUPPORT FLEXIBLE RETURN AUTHORIZATION (RMA) FOR ZC 1.5.x (hence the title)

    NO SUPPORT will be offered for versions lower than v1.5.x in this support thread.

    This plugin is designed to auto install and go for v1.5.x, anyone using versions lower than v1.5.x, please use the original Returns Authorization thread or (UPGRADE).

    Copying the plugin and / or making it compatible with versions lower than v1.5.x is your choice to do, please keep it separate and maintain it separately in the original Returns Authorization thread.
    and if I can add.. to repeat what I stated earlier..

    It was quite enough work putting this together and testing for v1.5.x let alone the dev and testing effort it would take to include v1.3.9
    This is not to say anyone couldn't create and submit a version of Flexible RMA for Zen Cart v1.3.9, but we had never intended to try and maintain versions of this improved module for older versions of Zen Cart.. (sorry..)
    My Site - Zen Cart & WordPress integration specialist
    I don't answer support questions via PM. Post add-on support questions in the support thread. The question & the answer will benefit others with similar issues.

 

 
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. v154 Flexible Footer Menu Multilingual [Support Thread]
    By rbarbour in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 2 Mar 2020, 03:59 AM
  2. Return Authorization Module (RMA)
    By voltage in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 648
    Last Post: 3 Jun 2015, 09:37 PM
  3. Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Module Follow-up
    By killertofu in forum Managing Customers and Orders
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11 Aug 2008, 11:13 PM
  4. Return Authorization Module (RMA)
    By dscott1966 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11 Nov 2006, 08:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR