Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Banner questions

I seem to be having problem after problem. The videos seem relatively easy but then they don't seem to work so easy when I do them. I turned off all the banners because they are all Zen stuff, but they didn't turn off. Is there more than clicking the green boxes on the banner. They turn red.

I also made a small gif file and copied it into the images where the other banners are. I did not make a new banner but just changed the path file name to the new one. It did not work either.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ckeditor not working

I am putting the gif image in /public_html/images/banners/file.gif. Is that the correct place? It seems the files show up in multiple directories. ??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No idea what videos you're talking about.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

You tube. Only place I know to find some.

Plugin Contributions

I am putting the gif image in /public_html/images/banners/file.gif. Is that the correct place? It seems the files show up in multiple directories. ??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wangel View Post
    I turned off all the banners because they are all Zen stuff, but they didn't turn off. Is there more than clicking the green boxes on the banner. They turn red.
    Yes, when that button turns red, the banner is disabled, and will not show on the storefront anymore.

I also made a small gif file and copied it into the images where the other banners are. I did not make a new banner but just changed the path file name to the new one. It did not work either.
    Images for banners go into the /images/banners/ folder. And then in the Banner Manager you tell it the filename. But, even better, within Banner Manager, you can upload the image directly, and it'll put it in the right place. (This assumes you've got filesystem permissions set to allow uploads to work, as explained during installation.)

No idea what you mean by "multiple directories".

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

They show under the www folder and public_html.

It seems I can turn off the banners as they change to a red box, but the banner is still there. How do I see if the permissions are set to allow? I didn't o the setup. Would I be able to change the box to red if I didn't have them??
    Last edited by wangel; 15 Jul 2013 at 10:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Banner questions

It seems I can turn off the banners as they change to a red box, but the banner is still there.
    Turning it off ("red") simply disables it. if you want to delete it, there's a Delete button in the sidebar to the right.

How do I see if the permissions are set to allow? I didn't o the setup. Would I be able to change the box to red if I didn't have them??
    To test permissions on uploading banner images, simply use the Banner Manager screen, edit a banner, and click the "Choose File..." button, select your image, and click the button to save/update the banner settings. That'll trigger the upload, and attempt to save your image to the spot on the server which you selected on the banner settings (the default is the /images/banners/ folder).

The red/green button has no relationship to uploading banner images.

Plugin Contributions

What comes up if you put your mouse over the image that you cannot get rid of and click right and pull up the View Image info?

Have you an URL that we can peek at the problem?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte, The file I want to upload can be on my computer. Correct? I uploaded the file with filezilla easily enough, but I'm not sure the exact place to put it as there are several folders with images subdirectories.

When I do the choose, it seems to work ok or at least it flashes at the top that it was a successful update or something. But, nothing changes. I'm wondering about the banner URL box. It still points to zencart. Should I be changing that too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast