Plugin Contributions

Default Page not found, but would like to know how they arrived at that page.

Hi,
    First, I do have ceon uri rewrites.
    And I do have a lot of dead links I'm fixing promptly.

However, I'm having an issue that shows in my live chat software (not an issue with the chat software itself)

While a customer is browsing and I see them view a top category, the next page view is often a 'page not found' error.
    It's only once or twice and then they browse as normal.
    I've clicked all of their links myself from the category each time, but cannot get it to happen to me.

I considered perhaps they use the search bar and don't find something, but that just shows my advanced search, not Page not found.

Here's a sample with zenid. Does this give me any clue what page they clicked? (now that I have them renamed I'm not sure)

'http://partydudes.co.nz/hire-ladies-costumes&zenid=5dd040b2b603a44a4bf2e51e4f8ca42d'

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by DrByte; 18 Jul 2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: removed hyperlink

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Page not found, but would like to know how they arrived at that page.

Quote Originally Posted by mcpisik View Post
    Here's a sample with zenid.
    You REALLY should NEVER EVER (that is NOT EVER) post a link ANYWHERE with a zenid in it. Period. Full stop. Don't do it.

I've removed the hyperlink from your post.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Page not found, but would like to know how they arrived at that page.

Quote Originally Posted by mcpisik View Post
    While a customer is browsing and I see them view a top category, the next page view is often a 'page not found' error.
    If it's being triggered inside your Zen Cart somehow, you might be able to narrow down its cause using this plugin: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1090

If it's being triggered from outside your Zen Cart then the plugin may not be much help.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the advice on zen ids.
    I've installed that module you mentioned, but it just tells me the zenid, which I already know from the chat page views.
    I was needing to find how they got to that page, or any idea around that.
    Appreciate the help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Could be something with your URL rewriting.
    Could be something caused by your live chat system.
    Could be something caused by other plugins.

You haven't indicated whether the actual URL is really an invalid page or not, nor how they found that URL to click on. ie: if they can click that URL and get an invalid page but you can click the same URL and find it to be valid, then something else is going on.
    If the zenid is being added on pages other than the links they click on the first page they visit or after they flip into SSL mode, then you've got something very amuck going on with things causing session and/or cookie conflicts. Or you've got hard-coded URLs with zenids in them, directly in your template or your ezpages or define pages, etc.