Plugin Contributions

Default 500 Internal Server Error when processing First Data Credit Cards

For the life of me I am not able to figure out how to fix the issue with the first data credit card processing. I have the PEM file and everything installed correctly, the cart takes me through the whole checkout process just fine and the final step when it should process the card it just keeps thinking. Eventually it just gives a 500 Internal Server Error

"Request Timeout

This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'."

What could cause this? And what could I look at to fix the issue?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 500 Internal Server Error when processing First Data Credit Cards

So I installed a fresh zen cart install with no mods, set up the First Data module and tried to process a product I put in and it still got the same error, leads me to believe that its either a first data thing or a host issue... Any ideas?
    Zen Cart Help and Design

If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.

Plugin Contributions

Are there any errors in your logs/ folder (1.5.1 or Cache for prior). Is there a debug option to turn it on?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bislewl View Post
    Are there any errors in your logs/ folder (1.5.1 or Cache for prior). Is there a debug option to turn it on?
    I had turned it on, there is noting in the logs folder but there is a huge file in the cache folder it creates but I cant get anything from it.
    Zen Cart Help and Design

If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The built-in module for Linkpoint/FirstdataAPI requires port 1129 to be open for outbound communication.
    Explained here: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...payment-module
    Could be yours isn't open, thus external communication is blocked.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.