Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can't create a customer account

Hi,
    I am new to Zen Cart. I added Zen Cart as an application to one of my domains in GoDaddy. The install was clean. I was able to log in as admin. All I did was add 3 products and then tried to access the store and register a customer.

No matter what I try I get an error saying "Whoops! Your session has expired. I have tried this numerous times. All the same results.

This seems like an erroneous error as I am doing this immediately. No delays trying to create the customer.

Any help is appreciated.

Doug

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't create a customer account

First, check the replies in the Similar Threads below.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    First, check the replies in the Similar Threads below.
    Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I looked at all of the suggest similar issues. BTW I did spend some time searching for an answer vs. just asking my question.

It seems like none of the similar issues are in any way similar. I have been unable to get one new customer registered. So it is not like things have been working and suddenly stopped. I am getting a specific message when trying to add the account "Whoops! ...".

I have made no changes to any PHP files. The web site is a Windows site not Linux.

I only added 3 products. I just wanted to see how things worked. Is there some option that is required to "open the store?". It seems like such a basic issue that should just work.

I am open to any ideas.

Thanks again for the response.

Doug

Plugin Contributions

I just talked to GoDaddy and they say that Windows has timers set to really fast response. So I should add a php5.ini file and adjust a bunch of timers to make Zen Cart work.

Seems strange that these times would not be set as default. How does anyone get this to work?

I guess I would think that the community would also make the suggestion.

Sadly I wasted a bunch of my time trying to get a product to work.

Hopefully I can try another cart.

Doug

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DougB View Post
    I just talked to GoDaddy

Hopefully I can try another cart.
    Better yet, another host. If it were a problem with Zencart, we'd all be experiencing it. Are you saying you're using a Windows server on GoDaddy ? If so, try asking them to move you to a Linux server.

Plugin Contributions

Do you have an SSL certificate? What are the contents of your /includes/configure.php files server-related settings (the 5 defines at the top of the file)?

Plugin Contributions

It could very well be GoDaddy. Or it could very well be Windows. But I am a user that sees the application Zen Cart that is available to install on my site and I assume it works. So I try it.

If Zen Cart doesn't work on GoDaddy's servers it should be removed. If it only works on the Linux server it should be removed as an option on Windows.

I have other domains that requires a Windows server base. 1. So my option is to move everything to another host? 2. Pay for another Website product at GoDaddy? 3. Or find somebody (like a community forum) to help with the php5.ini settings(if that is the real problem). I really can't do #1. I don't want to do #2, and I am trying #3.

If Zen Cart just doesn't work on Windows or on GoDaddy servers, I would think whoever is responsible for Zen Cart reputation would address this.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Doug

Plugin Contributions

No SSL yet. Haven't even gotten to that point. I created the store, added a product, and went to the store url, clicked on "log in". Filled out the customer form, clicked submit and get the response immediately.

Here are the first 5 define's
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://xxxxx.com');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://xxxx.com');
    define('ENABLE_SSL', 'false');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', 'https:/');

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

A link to your site would help. If you don't want it indexed, specify it as mysite (dot) com. You didn't say which version of Zen Cart or what plugins you've installed -- it sounds like the login form is being created without the securityToken hidden variable (at least that would explain the immediate redirection to the time_out page).

Plugin Contributions

I'll remind you we're only trying to help. The Zencart developers have no control that I'm aware of over whether their software is offered in the various auto-installers. Most here advocate avoiding auto-installers and installing Zencart manually, anyway.

Many, many Zenners use GoDaddy hosting with varying degrees of success, though most make it work, and I understand GoDaddy is getting better. If my host told me I had to edit a server php.ini file to make a program that thousands of other customers use without modification work, I'd consider moving. My guess is still that Windows is the problem. DrByte and/or RodG should be along soon and can probably address this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast