Plugin Contributions

Default Remove or Change Main Page Logo

I am still trying to get our store up and running though I have made some good progress. I read the article on "How do I change Powered by Zen Cart? and add or position a new logo. I have completed those steps and it only made the program not find the Zen Cart logo.

When I look at the properties of the logo box on the live site that now only shows a small icon of some sort in a box outline it says it is still looking for the logo file in the original default template path, which I changed to Custom as directed. I changed the header.php to look for "our_logo" instead, but seems the directions do not say to point it to a different path only the file name. It doesn't seem to be looking at the custom folder for this file...and maybe others I am unaware of.Any help? What am I missing?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove or Change Main Page Zencart Logo

If you have actually placed a logo in the correct place it will find it,

If you could provide a link to your site, AND a link to the image that is supposed to be appearing it would make it much easier for us to diagnose what is going wrong

2 quick things to be aware of,
    case sensitivity "logo.gif" is not the same as "Logo.gif" and
    Correct filetype if the logo is supposed to be a gif (logo.gif) it won't find a jpg (logo.jpg) note you can set it as whatever you want, but the physical file needs to be the same format

You can laugh if you want but I have seen so many people be caught out by those two things
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

If you are using Firefox install Firebug.

Then right-click on the logo and select 'Inspect Element with Firebug'. This gives you a clue of the naming of your logo. Then in admin using Developers Tool Kit search for the name of your logo and you get the file(s) containing the path to the logo

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Nigel. I suspect correct place is the issue. I setup a CUSTOM template copied from default of classic template from the original Zen setup as per Dr. Byte. That mostly worked ok except a few unexpected changes like colors etc. but it worked. I just copied our new logo gif file into the default images and it appeared on the website just fine except too big. So, it (the logo box or what ever name you call that) is still looking for the file in the default template's path, which make sense since that is where I setup the new CUSTOM template from. But, how do I change that? It should be looking in the CUSTOM template folder now. Now I can't remember if I changed the header file related to the default or not. I'll check. I did change it in CUSTOM trying to make it work.
    Last edited by wangel; 20 Jul 2013 at 03:32 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I did not change any header in default template. Doesn't make sense. I changed the name in the header file in Custom to the new logo file name, but the image file has to be in default???

Plugin Contributions

Did you place the logo file in /includes/templates/custom/images/ ?
    that is where it would need to be. You should not need to change anything in the default template folder.

Plugin Contributions

I know but that's the only place it would show up from. I just got a whole new template and that worked except I can't change the size as my other thread says. Working on it. Heard there was another constraint somewhere. Need to see if I can find where and what it was.