Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Delivery by Postcode (PDP) - [Support]

Please post the missing language file! It is not currently in the download.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Shara View Post
    Please post the missing language file! It is not currently in the download.
    You can either wait until version 1.1 is approved or create this file

includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/localdelivery.php

PHP Code:
    <?php 
    //
    // $Id: localdelivery.php local_delivery.php 1979 2013-07-12 06:57:21Z frank18
    // cloned from storepickup.php 1969 2005-09-13 06:57:21Z drbyte $ 
    // 
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_LOCALDELIVERY_TEXT_TITLE''Local Delivery'); 
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_LOCALDELIVERY_TEXT_DESCRIPTION''Local Delivery Only'); 
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_LOCALDELIVERY_TEXT_WAY''Local Delivery'); 
    ?>
    Cheers / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Version 1.1 is now available for download from here

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for this, it's something I can definitely use! It would also be cool if you could add a trigger, say for my site if you spend over $100 then its free local delivery.
    wakeleymb.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wakeleymb View Post
    Thanks for this, it's something I can definitely use! It would also be cool if you could add a trigger, say for my site if you spend over $100 then its free local delivery.
    Hmm, worth a thought....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wakeleymb View Post
    No need to make any changes in the PDP code, simply offer free shipping for orders over $100. Enable that in admin > modules > order total > shipping AND in admin > modules > shipping > free shipping!

If the delivery address falls inside the configured range of postcodes AND the cart total is > $100 then the cart displays the usual 'Free Shipping For Orders Over $100' .

In case the delivery address is outside the configured range of postcodes then the order can not be completed (as desired)

Hope this helps

Frank
    Last edited by frank18; 5 Sep 2013 at 08:20 AM.

Plugin Contributions

This plugin sounds great and exactally what i need as i deliver iteams all over the UK but a number of items are for local delivery only from my shop as they are large and glass which curriers will not take / insure and if they do then charge arm and leg to deliver making us expensive.

What i need to do is have the items on my site but have them local delivery only (ie tick a box in the product info page) so if people add to cart, put postcode in the shipping estimator it show them the local delivery charge, or a free delivery charge. Is this what this mod will do??

Also do i need a different mod to get post codes??

Currently I have store pick use to a zone definition i have named local and have set a list of county zones which are local to my shop that ill deliver to. then when a local customer adds to cart all local delivery is free, if not local it shows delivery of £150 and people dont check out. Problem with this is that if people add a load of stuff to cart i will delivery anywhere via currier and add an item I charge £150 for delivery for then the customer walks away instead of just buying all the accessories and getting the larger glass item else ware. I hope this module will help.

my site has gone from 1.2.x to 1.3.5 to 1.3.9 now on 1.5.1. currently dont have any post codes on the site for postage just zone definitions and local uk countys as zones

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kitcorsa View Post
    This plugin sounds great and exactally what i need as i deliver iteams all over the UK but a number of items are for local delivery only from my shop as they are large and glass which curriers will not take / insure and if they do then charge arm and leg to deliver making us expensive.

What i need to do is have the items on my site but have them local delivery only (ie tick a box in the product info page) so if people add to cart, put postcode in the shipping estimator it show them the local delivery charge, or a free delivery charge. Is this what this mod will do??

Also do i need a different mod to get post codes??

Currently I have store pick use to a zone definition i have named local and have set a list of county zones which are local to my shop that ill deliver to. then when a local customer adds to cart all local delivery is free, if not local it shows delivery of £150 and people dont check out. Problem with this is that if people add a load of stuff to cart i will delivery anywhere via currier and add an item I charge £150 for delivery for then the customer walks away instead of just buying all the accessories and getting the larger glass item else ware. I hope this module will help.

my site has gone from 1.2.x to 1.3.5 to 1.3.9 now on 1.5.1. currently dont have any post codes on the site for postage just zone definitions and local uk countys as zones
    Thanks kitcorsa.

I know of a few UK sites that have this plugin installed and working - so we know that it can handle the UK postcode system.

Suggest you download the package and carefully go through the instructions (readme.html file). It tells you exactly how to configure the plugin. Local Delivery Only postcodes are specified in the admin, for Store Pickup and/or Local Delivery Only.

There is a demo site, link in post #2 of this thread.

You may want to install it first on a local development site to see if it is suitable for you.

Cheers / Frank

Plugin Contributions

had a look at the demo site but could see how the plugin actually worked... all i could see is the like local delivery only... when adding to cart i checked the shipping estimator and checked all the zones but no difference... which postcode would allow shipping estimator to work or checkout..??

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kitcorsa View Post
    had a look at the demo site but could see how the plugin actually worked... all i could see is the like local delivery only... when adding to cart i checked the shipping estimator and checked all the zones but no difference... which postcode would allow shipping estimator to work or checkout..??
    There are 2 products marked local delivery only, make sure the cart contains only the one that "costs" $100. This way you actually see a shipping charge ($5 in this case). The demo site is set to offer "free shipping over $150".

How you configure the various shipping charges in admin is up to you, it has no bearing on how the mod works.

Cheers / Frank
    Last edited by frank18; 25 Feb 2014 at 01:21 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast